Can-Am ATV Forum

Pros/Cons of 2" wheel spacers?

This is a discussion on Pros/Cons of 2" wheel spacers? within the ATV Tires and Wheels forums, part of the Can-Am Tech Area category; Im looking to add some more mods to my quad and one thing ive been looking at is wheel spacers. I currently run some small ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am Tech Area > ATV Tires and Wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #10290
View sherkas's Photo Gallery(0)
Pros/Cons of 2" wheel spacers?

Im looking to add some more mods to my quad and one thing ive been looking at is wheel spacers. I currently run some small 26" bighorns 2.0 (not by choice). So they are also 1 inch wider then stock and are REALLY close to my tie rods. I think I bent my wheels inwards due to an accident loading and im building a deck to load the quad on so spacing wont be an issue with this mod. Now my style is, I love the mud but I love the trails and fast dangerous riding. I do it all, so with that I hear you will kick up alot of mud and honestly, im always covered in mud within 30 minutes of unload my quad. I love the mud. I also like trail riding and then the occasional jumps/gravel spinning/uphill/downhill riding. So I couldnt off the top of my head think of any cons for 2", only pros which is better stability, more mud flying (better mud handling you could say).

Does anyone have negative experiences from large wheel spacing?
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Member #1127
View QUADAHOLIC's Photo Gallery(57)
Only one I can think of, if it sticks you out past the trail width limits(if you have them where you ride).

Some places have 50" max width trails that are "guarded" by some 6x8 posts, cemented in the ground at both ends of the trail. I have seen some people get stuck in the posts, with there 51+" wide quads/SxS's.

I run 1.5" spacers in the rear and sit at about 49 wide(unloaded) I sometimes rub one or both sides of the posts.
Gave to stepson, without a ride for awhile.
ALEX JONES
Old 07-22-2010, 08:02 AM

Member #571
View Bully Bomb's Photo Gallery(31)
I was running 1.5 wheel spacers with 29.5x12 Laws all the way around and AM rims. The con's were had to replace all wheel bearings in short time running them. Bump steer is also amplified. Need to slow down in tight trails so you don't hook a tree.

Now i just use AM wheels, they clear 29.5x12's outlaw tires up front from hitting the tierod.
06 Outty 800, East Coast ATV Snorkel Kit, Aquaprint Grafix, AC front bumper, LED head light, Ricochet skids Line-X bottom of frame, Fasst Flex handle bars w/ Rox 2" anti-vib Risers, 26 Dirt Tamers w/lots of plugs, 28 Laws, 26.5 Rocker Uber XOR, Percision Steering Damper, Lobster GPS mount, Crutchfield Stage II front/back, Dalton, Dimond G T-Rods, EBC SD Pads, LTE pipe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am Tech Area > ATV Tires and Wheels

Search tags for this page
2 inch atv wheel spacers
atv wheel spacer review

atv wheel spacer reviews

atv wheel spacers

atv wheel spacers a buyer's guide
atv wheel spacers pros and cons

atv wheel spacers review

atv wheel spacers reviews
can am wheel spacers

quad wheel spacers

wheel spacers for can am renegade
wheel spacers on atv
wheel spacers on atv reviews
wheel spacers on atvs
will wheel spacers help when atv mudding
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.