Can-Am ATV Forum banner

New brp tracks

12K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  ripper1000 
#1 ·
Anybody seen these yet? Look rather interesting for winter only tracks, cant find any info though.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Robot Machine Technology
All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport

See less See more
Reactions: GunnyE9
#2 ·
Interesting...

Look like a snow only set up.

I'd like to see if the larger paddles just dig more and get stuck easier or actually help in the powder. (we don't have the track speed like the sleds do)

I bet they don't side hill worth crap. I've been in too many situations where tracks with more side cleats still slide sideways downhill when you don't want to.

#3 ·
#4 ·
They do, the machine has some Large fender extensions though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Michigan500
#5 ·
All ive found out so far is they're called backcountry deep snow tracks

#7 ·
Is it just me or do those riding clips look sped up?

#8 ·
If not those bikes are quick, im still intrigued and cant wait to hear some real rider reviews.

#9 · (Edited)
Here's some more info ....

BRP's new Apache Backcountry Track System combines snowmobile technology with BRP's Apache 360 Track System’s trademark execution to deliver the highest ground clearance, the most flotation and the best deep snow performance of any ATV track kit.
Its efficient frame and rail design ensures weight is spread evenly on snow for higher traction, remarkable acceleration, turning, braking and side-hilling.
The Apache Backcountry Track System is the only kit on the market with a 13.5” front track and 14” rear track for the largest contact patch anywhere guaranteeing maximum flotation.
Easy installation and quick conversion from tires to tracks.
The BRP Apache Backcountry Track System is available this Fall from can-am.brp.com.
Apache Backcountry Track System : $5,349.99 US Apache Backcountry Mounting Kit (Required for assembly) : $649.99 US

#10 ·
I'll pass at that price!

#13 ·
I would love a set of the new tracks ... regardless of the price. :th_smilieboohoo: ... but I'm sure or kind of think, when they hit the market they might be a tad cheaper. :th_smilienoclue:

Hell, have you checked on the price of a track system for the motorcycles ?? They aren't cheap. There's one set that sells for $6200 ... that's for ONE track & ONE ski ...... :eek:

Anyway, like I wrote, I would love a set of the new Backcountry tracks, however, like Old_Man wrote, not sure how they would be when I plow snow ... or I have to spend more money for a snowblower ... and in the spring, sometimes I have to ride up to about a mile or a mile & a half on asphalt to get to the snow, so say 3 miles round trip on asphalt ever time I ride ... Ummmm .... not sure about that. :smilieomg:

And about price, hell, I catch a lot of crap from friends about the price of a Can-Am over other brands of bikes .... and we all know BRP stuff ain't cheap ... so ............... :th_smiliepullhair:

#14 ·
Yeah, IMO, the snow bike kits are overpriced for what you get vs. the ATV tracks.

#15 ·
Yeah, I have to agree with ya on that one. I have seen about half a dozen of them up on the mountain this year thou. So I guess they are selling a few kits.

And I've seen 2 or 3 SXS's with tracks ... on trailers. Never seen one out where I ride.

AND ... in 9 yrs, I've NEVER seen another tracked ATV out there when I'm riding ......... Crazy !!

Lots of sledders thou ..... :lachtot::lachtot:

#17 ·
True ... if that's what a guy wants. But then, you have one machine or the other, that sits around for 5 to 6 months of the year.

Another machine you have to keep running, pay for licenses every year, pay taxes on, and pay for insurance.

And I for one, don't have room to park another toy. And if I had a sled, I'd want a trailer, which again, I don't have room to store when it's not hauling the sled.

For me personally, I'd rather have a tracked ATV ... which I have ... but some of these new tracks would be awesome to have & try out ... for me anyway.

Either way ... LET'S RIDE !! .... :yahoo:

#21 ·
Maybe im missing something, but why dont the track companies, design a track with a better approach angle? Make it more like how a tank has its tracks in the front.
Ive seen many track videos where the front seems like it has a hard time pulling up and out of mud or snow. Just think it would go over obstacles easier. IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#22 · (Edited)
An approach angle like a tank has is incredibly inefficient.
Way too much power would be lost.

Even a snowmobile has a very shallow attack angle, they just have a much larger distance to drop down.

Forgot to add, with a system using sliders, too much angle just eats them.
You can get away with a lot more using boggy wheels.

#28 ·
Thanks gunney. It is an amazing machine that is overlooked by many people because they think its a farm implement. The ride is next to none & where it will climb is almost unstoppable. With tires or tracks. The rear tracks have a great approach angle in ft & back. I don't think I've seen any other track out there like this.

Attachments

#29 ·
Farm Implement ?? I thought most overlooked it because they can't do wheelies .......... wait ......... can you still do wheelies ?? :th_smilienoclue: ... Boy, that would be something to see ... :eek:

I would love to have a 6X6 ... but I have to much money into my 2up bike & it wouldn't fit inside my 5th wheel ...... but it sure would be fun ... :yahoo::th_smiliebanana2::th_smiliedance:

#30 ·
I bet it climbs decent with the added track length. it sure wouldn't fit in a lot of the places Brian and I go. On tracks or on tires!

#31 ·
I had to make the wall swing open in my toyhauler so it would fit. U would b surprized where it will fit, Mite b a 3 or 4 point turn but it will go & maybe even more places. all 3 lt side tires were in the air, or just paddling water. I saw a video of ostacruiser doin a water wheelie on his 6x6. So I guess it can b dun lol

Attachments

#32 ·
My 5th Wheel Toyhauler has a "Garage", so I'm limited by the length of that, which is 10ft.

I would sure like to try / ride one of those Bad Boys for a month or so, but I doubt I'll be changing out my ride anytime soon ... if ever ... :th_smilienoclue:

#33 ·
My garage was only 9'L x 8'W (33.5 gearbox 5th wheel) If it was 10' I could have made it work, so I made half the wall swing open. I can close it when the bike is not in there. I demoed the same bike 3x once with tracks & twice with tires, loved it so I bought it. my buddy said what r u doin with that f*%kin thing, until he rode it. then he didn't want to give it back.

Attachments

#34 ·
I just checked the specs & if they are measuring from the very furthest point of the front bumper to the furthest rear point at the back, the 6X6 is like 10 ft 3 inches ... it would definitely be close ... and tight ... :cool:

As far as riding one ... my dealer hasn't had one in ... and I would be afraid to test ride it anyway ... because, I'm afraid I would be like you & your buddy & wouldn't be happy until I owned one .... :smilieomg: ..... :lachtot:

BTW, we probably should continue this conversation in the 6X6 section since this thread is SUPPOSE to be about the New BRP Tracks ... :buttkick: ..... Just say'in ........... :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.