Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

finaly got it back

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  blevinsbulldog 
#1 ·
well, i got my bike bike from getting the weep hole update & coolant reservoir update. all seems fine. i guess only time will tell.

#3 ·
will do. i plan to put it to the test, the next few months. anybody know where i can get a one way check valve to go in the end of the hose like the one in the end of the tranny vent line.

#4 ·
Saw a post somewhere that mentioned NAPA or auto parts store, take the old 1 with ya if possible, all else fails dealer.

#6 ·
i was told that if the seal went, it would cause back pressure & the inner seal to go & then coolant would get in the motor. i had a suggestion to zip tie a shop rag to the end for filtration to keep mud & sand out. any more suggestions?

#8 ·
RORER-714 wrote:
If it was fixed per the service bulletin(mine wasnt),you could extend the hose up further to keep trash out.
i was told that if you run the hose to the pod, that it wouldcause back pressure, like if you was to plug it off.

#12 ·
the short of it, the outter rotary seal goes out, water cannot leak from the weap hole, then the inner goes out and your crankcase begins taking in water. Do you really want a cheap little seal causing a bottom end failure? Don't plug the weap hole shut.

#13 ·
007BF wrote:
the short of it, the outter rotary seal goes out, water cannot leak from the weap hole, then the inner goes out and your crankcase begins taking in water. Do you really want a cheap little seal causing a bottom end failure? Don't plug the weap hole shut.
thanks for the explanation:)

#14 ·
Yeah you can get the check valves at most any auto parts store, or for sure napa..
I'm fixing to run my vent to the pod.... Gonna use either check valves or those lil filters I have seen on a few quads....

#15 ·
007BF wrote:
The dealer plugged mine when they fixed it under warranty.
Said the "spigot and hose were on backorder,and that this is how they do it at the Kawi shop",when I asked about the silicone in the weep hole.Said that trash in the hole is what made the seal go out and the silicone would keep out trash.
I wasnt pleased.

#16 ·
a very simple solution would be to upgrade to the spigot like the 09's and put a peice of breathable cloth over the end of the hose to filter out sand but not allow back pressure. Very easy to do and definitely increases the longevity of the seals.

#17 ·
well, i cut up an old t-shirt into a foot square & folded it 4 times & zip tied it on & to the frame. just got back from the mud. like i said before, only time will tell. thanks to all, for everything.

#18 ·
Add a long hose to it and coil it around several times. Don't run it up high so if coolant does come out it doesn't want to go towards the oil seal or engine. Dirt may get in the first few inches of the hose but not 12-24 inches. If you notice it very dirty then take it off and clean it up. Use zipties to hold it still and away from moving parts!:2cent:

#19 ·
rancher12 wrote:
Add a long hose to it and coil it around several times. Don't run it up high so if coolant does come out it doesn't want to go towards the oil seal or engine. Dirt may get in the first few inches of the hose but not 12-24 inches. If you notice it very dirty then take it off and clean it up. Use zipties to hold it still and away from moving parts!:2cent:
man, I'm thinking the rag is going to work perfect. it seems like it will be a perfect filter. yea water will get in the hose, but that's it, no mud, no sand, or any other crud, so I'm thinking its perfect.

#20 ·
RORER-714 wrote:
007BF wrote:
The dealer plugged mine when they fixed it under warranty.
Said the "spigot and hose were on backorder,and that this is how they do it at the Kawi shop",when I asked about the silicone in the weep hole.Said that trash in the hole is what made the seal go out and the silicone would keep out trash.
I wasnt pleased.
The dealer plugged mine too. I wonder if the water pump seal goes out after warranty is up if they will repair it since it was not fixed as the recall states.:scr:

#21 ·
if it was me, i would contact BRP & let them know how they "fixed" yalls bikes & take it to have it done the correct way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.