Can-Am ATV Forum

New CVtech primary clutch VIDEO

This is a discussion on New CVtech primary clutch VIDEO within the Can-Am / BRP forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; hey guys, i am not a site sponsor, so please mods dont take this as an advertisement. this is a video i put together while ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am / BRP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

First Name: the clutch guy
Member #9432
View ///AIRDAM's Photo Gallery(0)
New CVtech primary clutch VIDEO

hey guys, i am not a site sponsor, so please mods dont take this as an advertisement. this is a video i put together while testing the new CVtech primary clutch on Flynts bike of FCP "flynts custom performance" we tested a few stall springs and a few weight setups. his bike picked up 4mph in 100ft and 5mph in 200ft over the stock clutch setup with a clutch kit in it. his bike was stalling to 2300 and shiftout at 7300 when we first started with the stock clutches and clutch kit. after i loaded up the CVtech primary and put it on the bike i made it have the same stall and shiftout and the bike picked up 2mph in 100ft and 3mph in 200ft versus the stock clutch. after getting the shiftout a little higher we ended up picking up even more mph. this was a fresh out of the box CVtech clutch, not one i had done any work to. this was as basic as it gets, and this clutch out performed the stocker like mad. anywho on to the video

Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 AM

Member #1465
View Go Hard's Photo Gallery(0)
Adam,

It looks very promising! I can't wait to see what happends when you speed match em!

Please keep us updated man!
FCP 940cc powered Renegade. NX Nitrous kit. Bopp Racing +2 stem, Fab spindles, TTI rear arm's, Dudding front end kit. Fasst Flexx bars, ODI lock on grips, Power Madd bark busters, Exit Shocks, Maxxis Big Horn 2.0's with 12 inch Hiper Racing Sidewinder wheels, Direction2 Overfenders, Ridgerunner rear rack, Viper 4500lb winch, Crank front bumper. Go Hard Racing Subsea snorkels / cold air intake. Quad Worx intake. BRP rear hitch. STM clutches, Dalton springs. Q-Jection ECM. Blown Concepts custom graphics, custom gauge pod, MRRPM oil cooler adapter with GHR custom oil cooler. Precision steering Damper. Go Hard Racing custom skid plate and frame mod. Dingo Tim's seat cover.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

First Name: The Great Waldo Pepper, heh heh heh.
Member #5509
Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,351 Posts
View rkc05's Photo Gallery(566)
I'm with GH keep us updated, I have been to the CVtech site and for most of us running near stock motors and such, this seems like a very good alternative to throwing a few hundred at a stock rebuild. The STM is nice but not needed by most of us.
Gone to new home---09, 800 Outy MAX XT, 29.5 Outlaws s/w, ITP ss108's, snorked, XMR-BRP rad re-locate, ///AIRDAM CV tech primary, Dalton Y/B secondary spring, HMF Swamp Series slip on, Rubberdown Lift, Ricochet Skids, ATR chassis spine, and a mirror just to not get to far ahead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/julieandwally/videos?view=0
Old 07-26-2010, 02:00 PM

Member #9432
although as you can see i did pick up more and more MPH the more i tuned the clutch to maximize the motors power, but as the bike was before the new clutch, it has a 2300 stall and 7350 shiftout, so when i initially put the CVtech clutch on i loaded it up with a 2300 stall and 7400shiftout which was as close as i could easily get to the stock clutch setup with the clutch kit. just bolting up the CVtech clutch i gained 2-3mph in 100ft and 3-4mph in 200ft. this is as promising as adding a whole load of bolt-ons or even going in the motor. when i was putting the clips and videos together i could do slow motion and you could see that the 1st side by side comparison was with the stock clutch and CVtech clutch both tuned to have the same stall and shiftout and the CVtech clutch ran about 3-4mph faster to the yellow line and was about a bike and a half out front. the last side by side comparison was with the stock clutch/clutch kit and the CVtech clutch tuned to maximize the motors power and the CVtech clutch was out ahead by two full bike lengths and picked up 5mph over stock.

this video is not meant to be an advertisement, it was simply put together to show a comparison of how the new CVtech clutch performs over the stock clutch. i do not make the CVtech clutch it is something anyone can buy. i was not trying to solict business, because this clutch has had none of my work done it is out of the box stock. it would be the same as any other user could expect if they bolted one up.

the new clutch is also fixed together, the two sheaves do not rotate seperately of each other. meaning you can throw power to this clutch and not worry about slipping the belt, or the two halves of the clutch rotating and chewing up the belt.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Member #4869
View Kratos's Photo Gallery(0)
Thanks for the vid showing us the comparison.

Past quads:
08 Thundercat 1000
06 Brute Force 750
07 Rincon 680
05 Kingquad 700
Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Member #9432
no sweat sir. i should have one soon of the STM setup. gotta find another day to do some testing like that. GH is sending me an STM setup to test on. i shall find out what all it is capable of and make another video.

cost for cost, this clutch will hold as much power as the STM, and costs less, weighs less, and is easily tunable. you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to work this clutch it is as easy as can be
Old 07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Supporting Sponsors

Member #4276
View mrrpm's Photo Gallery(0)
This clutch WILL NOT hold as much power as the STM 6 or 8 weight, and probably not their 3 weight either. There's no way to add weight to the lower speed. It WILL slip when lower in the primary, no way around this, with this setup.

It definately WILL NOT hold as many RPMs as the billet STM.

Home of the 975cc 95RWHP N/A bolt-on big bore kit!

-High perf cams available!
-51 MM Throttle Body Boring,
-Custom head work
-Billet Heads
-Billet Jugs

-'07 260RWHP Alky Renegade Turbo, ViPec ecu, Billet STM clutches

www.mrrpmcycle.com

Old 07-26-2010, 05:27 PM

Member #9432
these clutches are tested and balanced over 10kRPMs i dont know or care what the STMs are balanced to but i have faith in this clutch

i can assure you, if you can make the power this clutch will hold it, give me a minute to find a high HP bike i'll be glad to prove it.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Supporting Sponsors

Member #4276
View mrrpm's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by ///AIRDAM View Post
these clutches are tested and balanced over 10kRPMs i dont know or care what the STMs are balanced to but i have faith in this clutch

i can assure you, if you can make the power this clutch will hold it, give me a minute to find a high HP bike i'll be glad to prove it.
You don't understand the problem with CVT's when the belt is low in the primary, do you?

The clutch needs like double the amount of weight when the belt is low, but normal weight when it's up high. A big four stroke motor makes a lot of torque, requiring more weight when the belt is low. This clutch can't adjust for that. It'll handle a stock motor, but not a high hp motor, because of this. Mud bikes are even worse, since they never shiftout in a deep pit, keeping the belt low, and slipping with this style of clutch, and lotsa hp.

Home of the 975cc 95RWHP N/A bolt-on big bore kit!

-High perf cams available!
-51 MM Throttle Body Boring,
-Custom head work
-Billet Heads
-Billet Jugs

-'07 260RWHP Alky Renegade Turbo, ViPec ecu, Billet STM clutches

www.mrrpmcycle.com

Old 07-28-2010, 02:54 AM

Member #4426
View blevinsbulldog's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via AIM to blevinsbulldog Send a message via MSN to blevinsbulldog
Quote: Originally Posted by ///AIRDAM View Post

Any luck on the high HP bike?
Crutchfield Springs
XMR Relocate Kit
/// CVtech
/// Secondary
Full Snorkz
Ricochet Skids
Warn RT30
Hmf pipe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am / BRP

Tags
cvtech clutch

Search tags for this page
cv tech atv clutches
cv tech clutch
cv tech clutch noise
cv tech clutches
cv technology(clutches) canada
cvt clutch tuning video
cvtech atv clutch

cvtech clutch

cvtech clutch kit
cvtech clutch price
cvtech primary
cvtech primary clutch
how to remove a cvtech clutch
quad custom clutch canam 800
reviews on cvtech primary clutch
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.