Can-Am ATV Forum

Can Am--Buy another one? Why or why not?

This is a discussion on Can Am--Buy another one? Why or why not? within the Can-Am / BRP forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; If someone else made a power house bike like the 800's I'd jump ship. But then I had issues with mine when it was new, ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am / BRP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #11078
View montana's Photo Gallery(0)
If someone else made a power house bike like the 800's I'd jump ship. But then I had issues with mine when it was new, so I still have lingering trust issues when I am out riding. But one thing that doesn't impress me is when I get off my reengade and hop on the wifes 2010 grizz 700. The Yamaha seems so nice, tight, and refined. My Renegade reminds me of a 1970's truck that was beat and abused on gravel roads. Everything squeeks and clunks. The Yamaha just feels like a much more quality bike with a crap load less horsepower. LOL The renegade always puts a smile on my face though. And I am accepting its little flaws and quirks more and more each ride. I need more time with it to have a better answer.
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:59 PM

First Name: married with 2 daughter"s
Member #11207
View hunter541's Photo Gallery(0)
i always will respect the jap machines they where here first without them what would we have,i dont know how they make there parts like ball joints tie rod ends ect, they dont wear out very easy.has far as my outty xxc feeling like a truck ,far from it,by far the best handling utility quad ive ever been on.now to get some miles on it to see how it holds up i took mine back for the first service, next time its my turn to do it.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:07 PM

Member #9051
View Can-mam's Photo Gallery(0)
This is my first quad ever, so I am probably not the person to ask. And I have had tons of problems. BUT...rather than tell you all I went through, here is the final outcome. I picked it up yesterday. A New Beginning! - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com
I will definitely be a better judge after I have ridden my new machine.

"Bear" with me, folks...I'm new at this!

2010 Outlander Max 650 XT-P
Old 10-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

First Name: The Great Waldo Pepper, heh heh heh.
Member #5509
Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,338 Posts
View rkc05's Photo Gallery(562)
Glad you got it all resolved, hope this one is WAY better!
Gone to new home---09, 800 Outy MAX XT, 29.5 Outlaws s/w, ITP ss108's, snorked, XMR-BRP rad re-locate, ///AIRDAM CV tech primary, Dalton Y/B secondary spring, HMF Swamp Series slip on, Rubberdown Lift, Ricochet Skids, ATR chassis spine, and a mirror just to not get to far ahead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/julieandwally/videos?view=0
Old 10-29-2010, 09:29 PM

Member #12854
View gonzo1066's Photo Gallery(0)
Very good machine IMHO

My first quad was a Outlander 500 MAX XT, nice machine but before it was 2 years old it had limp mode problems, 4 times to the dealer and it was never resolved. The dealer allowed a generous tradein for a 650. The 2008 650 has been VERY good to me. We have 7000 hard miles on it and had our first problem in Nevada. The rear universal joint failed. We were able to make it back to the truck OK (we were about 70 miles out) so we were fortunate that way. My only gripe is that the OEM u joint is so darned expensive. My dealer quoted me $131!!
Long story sorry. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 AM

Member #5109
View joseph9936's Photo Gallery(0)
I would buy another one! I have a 800 and we also have a honda 500. We fight over the Canam and the next one we want is a renny 800 with a 4" lift! Sooooo much fun not to mention everyone drools over your ride when you are on the trails! haha
Old 10-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Member #10488
View 95ram's Photo Gallery(0)
I'd have to say we'd own nothing else since our quads, snowmobiles, jetski's and boat are all BRP. We've had good luck with them and I've always had good dealers. I might have to drive 2 hrs to get to one but they treat us right.

Hers - 07 Outlander Max 650
Old 11-29-2010, 08:21 PM

Member #10145
View Greystorm's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by don View Post
the price is soon forgotten.

don
amen thats the only downfall.
I love my 800, and I love modding it to make it work better for me. the way i see it anyother quad would have needed mods as well, but with this one, i'm not spending any loot on the engine, its got all the power i need.
ok maybe i'll end up getting a full muzzy... lol it never ends

and to answer your question. Yes I would buy another. I reallly want a white renegade
Old 11-30-2010, 05:48 AM

First Name: Ricochets- i dont leave home without them
Member #699
View outtyhere's Photo Gallery(0)
YES and I did!!

I bought a outty 800 (yellow- camo was back order for months) new in 06 and i was forced to give it up after a season.

4 years later I went straight back (07 camo)!! There still isnt anything on the market that compares to this machine- and yes every atv has its issues . And when you get more power and more advanced they have more bugs to work out. The plus is all the good you get out of it. Id say its taken a long time for the rest of the industry to catch up!!

The 1000cc CAT is fast and a little bigger but its not really as sporty.
And the new Polaris 850- looks awesome! But i heard thats still not as sporty.

There never has been such a atv like the can am 800 that has linked the two worlds of 4x4 and race. The all around quad is where its at. how many times have we tried to take race quads in the woods? Or how fun is a 4x4 farm quad without anything to crawl over?

I have been waiting for 20 years for this quad to come out and im not giving up on her that easy. I really think a more refined outlander is the future for me.

The real question is why did it take so long for the industry to give us what we wanted???
07 camo 800- Ricochets, ATR Spine, 55w 5000k HIDS, Renegade pegs, Diablo Beadlocks, Growlers, Gorilla Lock Lugs, HPG Shock kit, Amsteel BLUE syn. rope in silver w/ steel thimble, UHMW rollers, Blitzkrueg Snatch Block, Symtec 4 zone heated controller, Kolpin cargo box, Quad Boss Plow
Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM

Member #11943
View muddy21's Photo Gallery(0)
95ram what dealership do you go to? I'm gonna get an outlander this spring but not sure where to go. Thanks

Last edited by muddy21; 11-30-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am / BRP

Search tags for this page
brp can am buy
can am 2 up

can am commander consumer reviews

can am commander ratings with consumer

can am commander x

can-am frame issues resolved
can-am sst frame reviews
consumer reviews of the can-am 2 up atv

why buy a can am

www.canambuy.com
yamaha450grizz
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.