Can-Am ATV Forum

Warn Front Mount Proadvantage Plow

This is a discussion on Warn Front Mount Proadvantage Plow within the Can-Am / BRP forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; Just ordered one and will pick it up in a couple of weeks. Can anyone give me an idea on the installation procedure? By that ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am / BRP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #25063
View scottmc's Photo Gallery(0)
Warn Front Mount Proadvantage Plow

Just ordered one and will pick it up in a couple of weeks.

Can anyone give me an idea on the installation procedure? By that time it will be a wee bit chilly outside and I'd like to know how many hours of fun I can expect to spend in the driveway.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:48 PM

Member #17154
View toddm's Photo Gallery(0)
I just installed proadvantage on my xmr. Took me an hour to put plow together with power pivot. Then another hour to install the front mount. Just remove the winch and stock winch bracket. Then install the Front mount. Then reinstall winch on front mount. Works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
2005 Honda Rancher 350
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 PM

Member #25063
Thanks, doesn't sound like much hassle.

I've heard that winch cables can suffer with all the up-down action, so I drilled some small holes in the fairlead rollers and pumped in a bit of grease. Makes a big difference; the rollers spin with even the slightest contact.

But I've read that some remove the cable and substitute either nylon webbing or rope. Any thoughts on that?
Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 AM

Member #17154
I had a snow plow on my other ATV and I broke a lot of synthetic and wire cables while lifting the plow. I switched to a 6 ft section of nylon strap and didn't break it. On that ATV, I just hooked the nylon strap to the plow. On this plow, I just have to figure out how I can use a bigger nylon strap on this Provantage plow, as the winch cable on mine goes through a plastic rope guide on the rear of the plow and rope guide will only fit the winch size cable or rope. It is not a pulley. I will see how long my synthetic rope last before breaking. I also purchased a pulley and might replace the rope guide with it.
2005 Honda Rancher 350
Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 AM

Member #13487
View Jumper's Photo Gallery(0)
I have the warn front mount without the power pivot. Installed it 2 years ago so bit hard to remember all details but do remember I did not remove cables from winch, just removed bolts and pulled it out of the way on right side and slide in new mount. I kept the mount bolts loose and mounted blade and moved blade full left and right and then tightened bolts when I felt the blade edge was equal pressure at both extremes. Also if you have the warn winch that came with atv you will need to route the cable differently otherwise (at least on older winches) the blade will slowly lower after you drive a few hundred feet or so, maybe less maybe more. This is due to the cam am warn winch (true warn's are okay) having no brake. If you search the forum you will see pictures of the pulley modification you will need to make. with the pulley modification you will get two things, no blade drop and raising and lowering blade will occure in a slower motion - meaning you will be less likely to over raise the blade and brake the cable crimp. One last note, run standard size tires (especially on front with no suspension lift) or you will have problems with blade when angled with the front edge and back edge of blade applying even pressure on ground.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 AM

Member #25063
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
I have the warn front mount without the power pivot. Installed it 2 years ago so bit hard to remember all details but do remember I did not remove cables from winch, just removed bolts and pulled it out of the way on right side and slide in new mount. I kept the mount bolts loose and mounted blade and moved blade full left and right and then tightened bolts when I felt the blade edge was equal pressure at both extremes. Also if you have the warn winch that came with atv you will need to route the cable differently otherwise (at least on older winches) the blade will slowly lower after you drive a few hundred feet or so, maybe less maybe more. This is due to the cam am warn winch (true warn's are okay) having no brake. If you search the forum you will see pictures of the pulley modification you will need to make. with the pulley modification you will get two things, no blade drop and raising and lowering blade will occure in a slower motion - meaning you will be less likely to over raise the blade and brake the cable crimp. One last note, run standard size tires (especially on front with no suspension lift) or you will have problems with blade when angled with the front edge and back edge of blade applying even pressure on ground.
Great info, thanks.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Premium Member

Member #5605
View camo800RXT's Photo Gallery(4)
Where are you guys ordering from and what kind of prices are you getting?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Member #25063
Quote: Originally Posted by camo800RXT View Post
Where are you guys ordering from and what kind of prices are you getting?
I got mine from these guys:

ATVZone
Old 11-03-2012, 02:29 PM

First Name: 2009 Can Am 800R Outty
Member #8783
View Slick50's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
Warn ProVantage Plow with XL3000 Winch solution?

'10 Sportsman 850XP EPS Red - mine
30" Radial Laws
Rhino axles
60" ProVantage plow, power pivot, front mount
22" LED Light Bar
Stealth Snorkel kit
Race Driven Brakes
OutKast 3" Lift
QSC Clutch Kit
Symtec Heated Grips/Thumb Warmer
2 - 3 gal Rotopax

'13 Outlander 650 XT Yellow - son
Kimplex Rear Trunk Box
Muffler Mod
Symtec Heated Grips/Thumb Warmer
13" LED Light Bar
Highlifter Lift Kit
Rhino axles
SuperATV.com 1" Front Wheel Spacers
Race Driven Brakes

'09 Outlander 800R XT Camo - sold (I miss my old friend)
'07 Honda Recon 250 ES Red - sold

Live Free or Die!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 AM

Member #17154
I Googled every part number separately or in a kit form for the lowest price, printed it out from each site, then called gowarn.com and they beat my lowest prices. I also go free shipping.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
2005 Honda Rancher 350

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am / BRP

Search tags for this page
best 2013 can am outlander 1000 plow set up

can-am 650 advantage winch

can-am front mount plow
dimensions for comander 1000 plow mount
how to install a bracket and plow to can am commander 1000

how to install warn front plow mounting kit can am commander

plows 2013outlander1000 can am
pro advantage plow outlander 800

setup warn plow for commander

warn advantage set up

warn atv plow reviews

warn plow for can am 1000
warn plow mount 2013 commander

warn pro advantage snow plow

wern snow plow for 2013 can am connander
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.