alpine flex plow? - Can-Am ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 03-21-2014, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

alpine flex plow?

hey all, im looking to getting a plow for the bike for next winter and wondering how those with the flex plow are liking it? it is heavy enough to cut through the thick big heavy hard banks from the plows and graders going by? I really like the design of it but concerned about the weight vs. a standard can am steel plow for doing a good job. looking opinions from those of you that have one or maybe tried one and opted for steel one instead or if it does do good in all conditions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 03-21-2014, 07:09 AM

Subscribed. I'm also curious.

2014 Renegade 1000 X XC money pit wallet sucking fun machine.
post #3 of 28 Old 03-21-2014, 08:53 AM

I've had mine now for 2 years and love it. It is very easy to put on and take off. Plus you get the magnet sensor that shuts the winch off for you. As for weight and cutting, I haven't had one issue. It's probably heavier than you think, it's not built lightly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 03-21-2014, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

good to know, thanks for the info
post #5 of 28 Old 03-21-2014, 09:58 AM

Just finished my first winter with mine. Everything mentioned above is correct, on/off and the auto stop winch control is sweet and works flawlessly.

Now I have a stamped concrete driveway so I purchased and installed the plastic cutting edge. Again went on great, fit and finish excellent. However the "cutting" or "scraping" results were a little less than desired. In hindsight the metal cutting edge that comes installed would have been just fine as it is wrapped underneath the plow rather than just a straight edge. IMO the metal cutting edge would not damage a concrete drive.

But overall love the plow, will move banks either hard packed or fluffy with little issue. You will notice the trip feature of the Alpine Plow is actually mounted backwards or from the top of the blade, clever idea all ATV Plows should work this way. Much better idea than my previous Warn metal plow.

2013 Outlander 1000 XT Max
Can Am Skid Plates...Can Am Arctic Flex Plow...RubberDown Customs 2" PreLoad Spacers...Can Am HD Bumper...Can Am Aluminum Foot Pegs...Fat Max Rear Rack Storage + Kolpin Fuel Packs...ITP SS216 with Kenda Bearclaw HTR 27"...D2 OverFenders...

Last edited by Buttsy; 03-21-2014 at 03:36 PM.
post #6 of 28 Old 03-21-2014, 02:19 PM

I loved using my flex plow this winter,it did everything i wanted it to.Just make sure you have some good tires because it doesn't matter what plow you use if you can't get traction your not moving the heavy stuff without spinning. So yes the flex plow IMO is worth the money and will do what you need it to do...

2013 Outlander Max 1000 Limited

60" Alpine flex plow ,Amsteel blue synthetic winch line,27"Blackwater evolutions on 14" Itp ss 212 platinums
Full dual Muzzy's and Digitune by VFJ
12" Led light bar, Can Am pistol grip shifter
hi/low 5000k Ddm Hid's ,Brp billet gas cap
32gal Linq trunk box
post #7 of 28 Old 03-21-2014, 08:59 PM

IMO this plow is the best out there. I didn't have any trouble moving snow built up from the graders. It will not damage hitting curbs with the 'flex' it has. Was well worth the investment and like everyone has mentioned, it's so easy hooking up and taking off. Can't go wrong!

"Only a fool tests the depth of water with both feet"

2013 CanAm Outlander 1000 XMR (Muzzy slip on w/ digituner, full Ricochet skids, Rigid SR Series light bar)
2008 Arctic Cat M8
2004 Bluewater Malibu
post #8 of 28 Old 03-27-2014, 04:57 AM
EJP

U can't go wrong with this plow we had near record snows this yr and I had no problems moving snow. The cut off switch is great when it works once you get ice and snow packed in around it it tends to stop working, my dealer can't seem to staighten it out though, Iv'e learned to deal with it. The plow handles my 650' gravel driveway with no problems.

2014 Outlander 800r xt pure magnesium
60" Alpine Flex plow

2002 Yamaha Grizzly 660 bought new in '02 and still running strong!
post #9 of 28 Old 03-27-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJP View Post
U can't go wrong with this plow we had near record snows this yr and I had no problems moving snow. The cut off switch is great when it works once you get ice and snow packed in around it it tends to stop working, my dealer can't seem to staighten it out though, Iv'e learned to deal with it. The plow handles my 650' gravel driveway with no problems.
So you've had problems with the auto shut-off? Thats interesting, I've had snow and ice packed in between the plow's push tubes and bike frame and never had an issue.
post #10 of 28 Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM
EJP

Yeah the dealer repositioned the magnet and even epoxyed the sensor to the skid plate so it wouldn't move. They said the double sided tape wasn't holding and the sensor was moving to far out of contact with the magnet. I'm still having the problem and have learned to deal with it since dealer is nearly an hour away

2014 Outlander 800r xt pure magnesium
60" Alpine Flex plow

2002 Yamaha Grizzly 660 bought new in '02 and still running strong!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am / BRP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode