Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth snorkel hurt performance???

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  fmj40 
#1 ·
I ask cause if you have all 3 tubes under the bid isant the motor going to be sucking in exhaust from the cvt case thanks guys looking for your input

Robert

#2 ·
A lot of people snorkel to the pod. Seems to work fine for them but I do worry about the heat build up as well as the slight discharge of belt goo under the pod. I went ahead and cut the plastics and vented mine out to the atmosphere. Plus my son likes to dunk my renegade a little deeper than I do and I needed the added protection. Pic in avatar.

#3 ·
Personally I didn't vent the cvt exhaust at all.. I figure as long as the rpm's are up while running through the deep stuff it'll keep water out of the cvt. But then I don't run in the deep stuff...

#5 ·
fmj40 wrote:
Personally I didn't vent the cvt exhaust at all.. I figure as long as the rpm's are up while running through the deep stuff it'll keep water out of the cvt. But then I don't run in the deep stuff...
I didn't do the cvtexhaust either and I had it in deep stuff on my last adventure. Up to top of the backfenders in muddy water.I was stuck for over a hour like this and did shut the bike off for a while. Didn't have any belt slippage but the winch failed and so did my rubber boots!:tg:

#7 ·
BrianE What are you using for the intake elbow piece?

#8 ·
I ordered a new air intake from BRP (707800175 Front Intake Adaptor) and cut it to fit. Its #6 in the diagram. $14.49 from my dealer.

Attachments

#12 ·
I think I may have to redo mine and go that way.:thumb2:

#13 ·
You can remove the original intake and use it. (Block old hole). I bought a new lid so I could go back to stock in case I sell or some silly thing.

I blocked the old intake with Gorilla Duct tape :sm: so I could go back to stock if needed.:shrug:

#15 ·
Brian, that setup looks familiar.. Glad it worked out for ya! Thanks to hayseed as well.. I prefer having the scoop hidden like we did, but either way I think its a happy medium between stock setup and full blown snorkel setup.

#17 ·
Hayseed & fmj40:urok: it is a great idea. Should come from the factory that way. The stock location is dumb. BRP Engineers need to ride what they design.

#18 ·
well I got the intakes snorkeled not sure what I'm gonna do on cvt exhaust snorkel, how did it work out to the highest point of the seat? I'd guess just turn it down to the vavle cover or up to the seat I dont wanna burn anything all ideas appreciated.

Robert

#19 ·
Fellas, there is another solution for the cvt exhaust that I just thought of. there are high flow check valves that are used for cold air intakes on cars that are designed to stop the flow of water if the car fender gets wet. Wonder if that couldn't be installed in reverse for the cvt outlet.

#20 ·
I kind of like that idea FMJ. I remember check valves on our sump pumps back when I had a basement.

Robertp, I used Shop Vac hose on mine. I have mine covered with heat tape but I rode with a guy that just ran the hose. Hadn't melted yet. :shrug:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.