Can-Am ATV Forum

APACHE tracks

This is a discussion on APACHE tracks within the Can-Am Commander forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; Anybody know if the APACHE tracks fits the commander tks Richard...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #14663
View Coeur de Lion's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via Yahoo to Coeur de Lion
APACHE tracks

Anybody know if the APACHE tracks fits the commander

tks

Richard
Commander 1000 XT, YELLOW
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 PM

Member #14415
View wyocarp's Photo Gallery(0)
They might, but why would you want them? The camoplast tracks function noticably better.

I sat at the top of a hill several months back waving a one-hundred dollar bill at a friend if he could with his machine make to the top of the hill. He never did. Same machine except he has apache tracks and I have camoplast.

Last week, I winched him out twice while trying to cross a snow covered stream. I went through both ways with absolutely no issues and have gone across there dozens of times this winter.

That isn't mentioning how well camoplast stands behind their tracks. Talk with the guys at atvtracks.net. I had a wheel come off last week. It damaged the track somewhat. Friday I sent a picture of the serial number of the tracks, a picture of the missing wheel, and a picture of the damaged track. (I still rode the track over the weekend.) Camoplast said they would send out some new parts on Monday. We had the parts in Laramie, Wyoming (not some major city) on Tuesday. It is Wednesday and the new wheel and new track are installed on my machine.

Kudos to Camoplast!!!!!! Absolutely Fantastic Customer Service!!!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:17 AM

Member #14295
View 05cummins's Photo Gallery(0)
I was told the apache tracks will fit the commander.

And dont worrie about the tracks some people just think whatever they buy is the best the apahce tracks are just as good as the camoplast!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:39 AM

Member #14415
Quote: Originally Posted by 05cummins View Post

And dont worrie about the tracks some people just think whatever they buy is the best the apahce tracks are just as good as the camoplast!
I would be interested in your experience with the two track systems. Do you have any personal first-hand knowledge? Based on your statement, you were told something about them. I could have cared less which system I bought, but talk to people who run them all and everyone will say Camoplast tracks work better.

The apache tracks work, but remember, they are designed to only be used in snow. It is quite often that we run into times when we have to ride on a dry section of road.

Based on a side-by-side comparison, on the exact same machine, I regularly have to winch, dig, or pull my friend out of places where I have just gone or will go after he is unstuck.

I've sat at the top of hills where the brand new outlander 800's with apache tracks couldn't make it. Our last ride, going back into some remote cabins where we had to make several snow bridge stream crossings, the same machine with probably 200 lbs. less weight, fell through twice in an area where I drove across with no issues, and the apache track machine had to be winched out.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:38 PM

Member #14415
When cummins says "just as good", I'm wondering if he means quality because they don't function as well when making new track in deep snow.

Once again last night. My friend and I running the same machine. He has Apache tracks and I have Camoplast. Even in my tracks, he couldn't follow me up a couple of hills.

Here's a picture of the difference between the tracks.

I took this picture of my friend trying to climb this hill. You see how far has made it. Not very far. After him trying about six times. I drove right up and around him all the way to the top and across to the left. He never made it past where you see him at in the photo even with a dozen or so tries.

Last edited by wyocarp; 04-27-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Member #5411
View DITCHBANGER's Photo Gallery(0)
the camoplast 4s work so well in the snow,i was amazed at how well i could just go anywhere,and climb

14 summitxm146
Old 04-27-2011, 06:16 PM

Member #14415
Yep, this friend wants to sell his Apache tracks and buy the tatou 4s tracks so that he can ride with me. At the beginning of the year I was rubbing it in some, now, I feel bad when he can't follow me and I even get worried from time to time that we will go over a hill that he can't get back up.

If anyone is interested in a new this year set of Apache tracks let me know. He would like to get $2600 out of them.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:39 AM

Member #26264
View newfieboy58's Photo Gallery(0)
well said

Well said they are has good maybe even made by same company
Oops didn't realize the posting was back in 2011 tracks have been redesigned better since then

Last edited by newfieboy58; 12-14-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Commander

Search tags for this page
2011 apache tracks vs camoplast

apache snow tracks

apache snowtracks

apache tracks

apache tracks commander
apache tracks for can am commander

apache tracks for commander

apache tracks on commander
apache vs camoplast
camoplast vs apache
can am commander apache tracks

can am commander tracks

commander apache tracks
commander with tracks
tracks for commander 1000
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.