Can-Am ATV Forum

Turbo- can am maverick

This is a discussion on Turbo- can am maverick within the Can-Am Maverick forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; Check this bad boy out 2013 Can Am Maverick Silber Turbos 1000 BRP Commander - YouTube 2013 Can Am Maverick Silber Turbos 1000 BRP Commander ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Maverick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #27152
View XT800R's Photo Gallery(0)
Turbo- can am maverick

Check this bad boy out

Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 PM

Member #23645
View bullet30's Photo Gallery(0)
Looks and sounds kinda sad
Sport low
M2 exhaust

Traded
2012 outlander 1000xt
Dual full system muzzys
TUNE MONSTER w/ all available expansions & wideband O2 sensors
Uni filter or Stock
26" weak sidewall zillas
MRRPM 51mm throttle body bore
MRRPM gen1 drop in cams
Qsc primary (Billet inner sheave)
STM secondary
AMSOIL
CA4L!

Traded
2011 Polaris sportsman 550 LE EPS
Stock
Old 08-04-2013, 11:18 PM

Member #25063
View scottmc's Photo Gallery(0)
...And I could swear I saw this same bit of footage a few weeks ago that was supposed to show off a completely different mod?!?!?!
Warn ProVantage 60" Plow
Peerless 2 Link V-Bar Chains
Front/Rear LED Work Lights
Old 08-05-2013, 05:26 AM

Member #27152
View XT800R's Photo Gallery(0)
Idk. Lol. Just saw it on YouTube. Thought I'd share.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

First Name: The Great Waldo Pepper, heh heh heh.
Member #5509
Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,338 Posts
View rkc05's Photo Gallery(562)
Seems pretty cool to me. Nice find.
Gone to new home---09, 800 Outy MAX XT, 29.5 Outlaws s/w, ITP ss108's, snorked, XMR-BRP rad re-locate, ///AIRDAM CV tech primary, Dalton Y/B secondary spring, HMF Swamp Series slip on, Rubberdown Lift, Ricochet Skids, ATR chassis spine, and a mirror just to not get to far ahead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/julieandwally/videos?view=0
Old 08-06-2013, 04:51 AM
VIP Member

Member #149
View Badride's Photo Gallery(0)
I have talked to Silber about their turbo system and also Aerocharger. Using the Silber kit you must install head shims. They do not run an intercooler.

Aerocharger system does not use head shims but you have to run race fuel or E85. They do use an intercooler.

The problem both companies ran into is the Maverick ECU. Silber uses a larger turbo so is spools up slower. Aerocharger does something that they won't say just yet to trick their turbo into spooling up slower than it could. They talked like when someone comes up with a replacement ECU (Monster) that may solve the problem and you can fix the Aerocharger system. There would be nothing you could do to the Silber kit. Well, except for changing the turbo.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Member #31293
View bigbadbrad's Photo Gallery(0)
Complete f*****g garbage!

I ordered one thru my dealer. It has been 5 weeks since they began the install and it still doesn't work right...no where near as good as stock! My dealer tells me that Silber hasn't been much help. They initially sent a wrong part (spring maybe). Something to do with altitude. If that is an issue, then why didn't they ask the appropriate questions when the order is being placed?! Then, it took over two weeks to get here! WTF! This is the first turbo my dealer has installed on a Maverick. But the mechanic doing the job has turbo experience. Silber advertises their turbo as "bolt on". Well, it did bolt on, but the thing doesn't work right. They say 7 hrs to install it. I would be happy with less than 20. My dealer has way more than that into it trying to trouble shoot Silber's problems. I have dealt with this dealer for years and they are very good. There seems to be a communication issue between Silber's electronics and those of the Maverick. I don't really understand. Not my department. The thing shuts down regularly. No apparent rhyme or reason to this. The RPMs vary when it shuts down. But, for sure, it shuts down when the RPM is held constant at 4300, 5000, & 6900 RPMs. My top end also dropped from 119kph (70mph) to 108kph (64mph)! And the new clutch...rattles. My dealer gave me a loaner last weekend while they had mine and it was superior over my turbo'd XRS in acceleration and top speed! WTF!!! Silber should not be selling a product that does not do what they promise. I have sent Silber 2 emails regarding this pleading for help. They have yet to reply! This is not fair to me or my dealer. I'm going to ask my dealer to send it back. I have no other choice. I guess I'll wait for the aerocharger! BOTTOM LINE (at this point) : DO NOT BUY A SILBER TURBO!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:55 PM

Member #1104
View brpbear's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbadbrad View Post
Complete f*****g garbage!

I ordered one thru my dealer. It has been 5 weeks since they began the install and it still doesn't work right...no where near as good as stock! My dealer tells me that Silber hasn't been much help. They initially sent a wrong part (spring maybe). Something to do with altitude. If that is an issue, then why didn't they ask the appropriate questions when the order is being placed?! Then, it took over two weeks to get here! WTF! This is the first turbo my dealer has installed on a Maverick. But the mechanic doing the job has turbo experience. Silber advertises their turbo as "bolt on". Well, it did bolt on, but the thing doesn't work right. They say 7 hrs to install it. I would be happy with less than 20. My dealer has way more than that into it trying to trouble shoot Silber's problems. I have dealt with this dealer for years and they are very good. There seems to be a communication issue between Silber's electronics and those of the Maverick. I don't really understand. Not my department. The thing shuts down regularly. No apparent rhyme or reason to this. The RPMs vary when it shuts down. But, for sure, it shuts down when the RPM is held constant at 4300, 5000, & 6900 RPMs. My top end also dropped from 119kph (70mph) to 108kph (64mph)! And the new clutch...rattles. My dealer gave me a loaner last weekend while they had mine and it was superior over my turbo'd XRS in acceleration and top speed! WTF!!! Silber should not be selling a product that does not do what they promise. I have sent Silber 2 emails regarding this pleading for help. They have yet to reply! This is not fair to me or my dealer. I'm going to ask my dealer to send it back. I have no other choice. I guess I'll wait for the aerocharger! BOTTOM LINE (at this point) : DO NOT BUY A SILBER TURBO!
What you need is some one who is a real

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Maverick

Search tags for this page
can am maveric turbo kits
can am maverick forum
can am maverick problems

can am maverick turbo

can am maverick turbo kit

can am maverick turbo kits
can am maxerick turbo
can-am maverick turbo
canam maverick turbo
maverick 1000 max turbo
maverick 1000 turbo
turbo can am maverick

turbo for can am maverick

turbo maverick 1000
youtube maverique canam
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.