Can-Am ATV Forum

Looking for bolt-on HP gains

This is a discussion on Looking for bolt-on HP gains within the Can-Am Outlander forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; Quote: Originally Posted by KWIK Racing Inc. here is the deal the way i see it. i have followed can-am since its release of the ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #13542
View Countryboi's Photo Gallery(0)
Re:

Quote: Originally Posted by KWIK Racing Inc. View Post
here is the deal the way i see it. i have followed can-am since its release of the renegade in 07. and have done and seen dyno results from about every mod out there. it depends how much you have to spend and how much you want to tune and wrench on your machine unstead of riding it. you know what i mean. from this site to the site i am on more, which is can-am talk.com there is a wealth of knowledge and dyno results on eveything under the sun that can be put on these machines. that would require alot of research and reading to catch up from 07.

right now for a good increase i would do some clutching. AIRDAM does a cvtech primary clutch that surpasses the stock unit. now couple it with a reworked stock secondary ( would only work the best if you did not have a speed and rpm limiter on your machine) and that would require an aftermarket ecu which are expensive.

the other alternative is a STM roller secondary which works very well with the cvtech and since it is a roller, will give you better backshifting and good acceleration. if you run the cvtech with the STM driven , you would run no shims in the clutch with a yellow spring and 50/40 non braking helix.

this clutch setup does not give you more Hp but will transfer the power better to the ground and you would be 1 to 2 lenghts quicker than another stock bike just with clutching. yes hard to believe but true.

now if you want to do more than clutching and not really worry about tuning the motor, then do a slip on. two of the best are muzzy and lte for Hp. everything else is a little less for gaines except for some one off units that are made in alberta. like the turmoil/NPP pipe that shows more gains than any other sytem out there but not available to the general masses and quiet loud.

as soon as you go more than a pipe, then you really need a good programmer to bring out the MAX POWER of all the mods besides keeping the engine happy that it does not crater on you. the PV5 without auto tune ( if you can tune on a dyno) or if you cant then get the add on auto tune feature. the only thing is, you cann not really do a good dual tune like you can on a aftermarket ecu, but that is a whole new ball game.

if you are willing to tune and play with your bike you can then go with a more open airbox lid. sticking to the stock filter gives you the most Hp, believe it or not but oil your foam prefilter cause it is not oiled from the factory. if you dont, your filter will let in much fine dust into the trottle body.

if you want better filtering than get the twin air power flow kit. it produces 1 Hp less than the stock but it filters better. id rather save a motor unless there is 1000 dollars at the end of the race to have that 1 Hp.

there is an intake out there made in alberta by QUADWORXS. they make a nice aluminum intake that gives you 3 Hp on the dyno. yes 3!

now adding a full header to your slip on will really only give you good results if you TUNE PROPERLY. otherwise very minimal results.

you also could open your motor up and do cams and again you must tune for this. adding all this could net you 10 - 15 HP. BUT ONLY IF YOU TUNE PROPERLY. you get what i mean.

you know another thing you can think off is doing some suspension work first maybe. Why? Cause believe it or not, someone with good aftermarket suspension and handling components with a stock bike would out ride you on a course even if you had other things done for Hp mods. sooo . better suspension and handling = faster lap times without engine mods.

all the power in the world won't help you unless you make your bike handle it with suspension etc. something to think about.

the other thing that i think you are doing wrong is you want more power and then you distroy it with very heavy tires like the pitbulls. good tire but way to heavy for agressive GNCC type riding. now if you are the casual weekend easy outing guy, then they would be ok in my opinion. too heavy for me.

the last think i would like to mention is, you say you want most Hp but not a loud exhaust. it depends what you call loud? everybody has a different opinion on loudness. in general if you want Hp than you wont care how loud your pipe is. usaually the quietier the less power they make.

just some thoughts that you can think about before you start spending money on your machine.
Could u provide me with a link to the quadworxs page. I cant seem to find the page or information for can am outlander 800.

Price?
Best place to buy?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-21-2010, 02:14 PM

Member #12863
View poopman's Photo Gallery(0)
Quadworx

here is the link

2008 renegade, 30" moto monsters, qsc primary,& mr rpm 912
Old 12-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Perf Tuners

Member #2653
View john cannon's Photo Gallery(0)
Stickers have given me the most gains.
MaD MotorSports
ATV EFI Custom Tuner
Powered by www.MrRPMcycle.com

Outlander X, MrRPM 1004cc, BRP Race TB/ECM, STM, Fasst, Precision, AC, Muzzy
Old 12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Senior Troll Member

First Name: my 07 rene got stolen in june of 2010 and now i have a 2010 rene Xxc
Member #2600
View KWIK Racing Inc.'s Photo Gallery(18)
buy direct from quinn at quad works. now that increase is only if you also open up your airbox lid and pipe the machine and give it a good tune. just to install the intake along mite give you 1/2 to 1 hp maybe. one thing leads to another.

if you want to start and go and not worry about things then do a slip on and clutch stuff and you will be 2 lenghts against a stockbike. now you have to compare apples with apples. so same size tire is a big one, if you want to see the real gains.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Member #12866
View Ohiorider's Photo Gallery(0)
this may sound dumb but if you purchase a slip on now, can you add headers to it later or do you have to sell the slip on and buy a complete exhaust?

also if you added a slip on and got both clutches done what type of MPH can you expect to gain? i have a bone stock Renegade 800X (2008) that currently tapped out at 73mph. I am in the same boat and im thinkiing about adding a slip on with getting both clutches machined (waiting to hear from airdam). What (MPH) would be expected out of doing these two things (clutches and slip on)?

and thanks for all the advise... it has been very helpful reading.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:29 PM

Member #12863
View poopman's Photo Gallery(0)
quad worx also has a ported throttle body that will work good with his intake

2008 renegade, 30" moto monsters, qsc primary,& mr rpm 912
Old 12-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Senior Troll Member

First Name: my 07 rene got stolen in june of 2010 and now i have a 2010 rene Xxc
Member #2600
View KWIK Racing Inc.'s Photo Gallery(18)
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohiorider View Post
this may sound dumb but if you purchase a slip on now, can you add headers to it later or do you have to sell the slip on and buy a complete exhaust?

also if you added a slip on and got both clutches done what type of MPH can you expect to gain? i have a bone stock Renegade 800X (2008) that currently tapped out at 73mph. I am in the same boat and im thinkiing about adding a slip on with getting both clutches machined (waiting to hear from airdam). What (MPH) would be expected out of doing these two things (clutches and slip on)?

and thanks for all the advise... it has been very helpful reading.
the problem is that when you buy a pipe and header the end of the pipe is made for the end of the header. slipons are made to fit the stock bike header and no manufacrture will sell the header by itself. it also will only fit his pipes.

Well unfortunatly you have a speed limiter built into your machine which limits you to 75 mph. so you would get to there easy but not above. for that you have to get a aftermarket ecu and then you would not have a speed limiter nor a rpm limiter. then your clutches would shine on top end.

now all this said, the most important thing you are acheving here is that your lunch will be about 18% stronger than stock leaving the secondary stock and getting the secondary machined will get you about 23 or so % increase out of the whole. i would rather have the low end then top end but if you had a ecm then you could get 85+ mph out of your machine. this is with airdams primary done. i like the stm secondary. its a roller clutch and shifts superior to a stock one. the machining that adam does to the stock secondary is he gets the clutch to sit together more so the belt rides higher in the secondary. with a stm you run no shims . that produces the same effect as adams machining. plus you get the added feature of the roller and a superior helix which is a 50/40 cut.

oh you asked if install is hard. no it is not actually quiet simple. maybe 30 - 45 minutes or so.

also you have to remember that putting a aftermarket ecm on a stock bike will only limit your top end also cause the motor is not powerfull enough to pull to those higher top ends. to see those high top end speeds you have to do a lot of engine mods to see those big mph gains .

Last edited by KWIK Racing Inc.; 12-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

Search tags for this page
800ho full muzzy 09 intake programmer hp can am
best bolt ons for outlander 800

best can am commander hp addition

can am commander bolt ons

can am maverick hp gains

can am outlander 800 hp adding
can you increase horsepower on a can am outlander
canam outlander 800r horsepower increase
gains on canam 800 with dobek
how to get more horsepower out of a can am maverick
how to get more horsepower out of a commander 1000
how to get more hp out of can am maverick

hp gains for can am commander

what power gains can you gain with a power commander

woods hp gain outlander 800
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.