Can-Am ATV Forum

Any installers of BRP Stealth snorkel kit come on in

This is a discussion on Any installers of BRP Stealth snorkel kit come on in within the Can-Am Outlander forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; I have a question for you other self installers. I am finally done. It took a lot longer than I expected. I'll bet I have ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #13697
View innrkid's Photo Gallery(0)
Any installers of BRP Stealth snorkel kit come on in

I have a question for you other self installers.

I am finally done. It took a lot longer than I expected. I'll bet I have four hours or better into this thing. I take my time and found some slight issues...like missing hose. The box was destroyed in shipping. Thanks, UPS.

A few questions.

I don't have good alignment with the CVT exhaust and the pod. It's like 50% exposed in terms of the holes lining up. Anybody else see this?

Gas vent lines. They sent the entire setup and I had 90% of what they sent. I just extended the vent to the front. Anybody see any issues with that move?

Water pump breather....holy shit, with skid plates on that is a bitch to reach to replace. I think this was the hose that was lost in shipping. The one I had was to short to extend over to the air intake for the final position per the instructions. I just looped it over the CVT exhaust and pointed it down. Any issues?

I don't think any of them are a big deal...the CVT exhaust mis-aligned bugs the shit out of me though.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

All in all it was a relatively easy install.

Next week, radiator relocate and new tires and wheels.
2011 800XTP Max, 26.5 Pitbull Growlers, Dalton Clutch Kit, Symtec Heated Grips, 10" Rigid Light Bar, Warn Power Pivot Plow, Hayden Fan Controller, XMR Radiator Relocate, Synthetic Winch Line, Blazer Fog Lights...for now.
2013 Commander. 1000 XT in Camo...Bone stock for a very short time!
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:03 PM

Member #1523
View HossZ71's Photo Gallery(0)
Mine is on it's way, after reading your post might go ahead and remove my skid plate before it arrives, knew I should have waited to put it on.
- BRP Lower Bumper Extension
Old 07-04-2011, 02:12 PM

Member #2621
View camlaw's Photo Gallery(0)
just recieved mine,,was gonna post questions about the installation,,,see if there was any issues to expect,,,there usually is,,,i recently put skids on my xxc,,,figured the water-pump weephole tube would be tough to get at,,,
Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Member #16254
View Richard in LA's Photo Gallery(0)
my CVT exhaust is misaligned such as yours. I used the little "dimple" in the pipe and secured it with the self-tapping screw provided. I *think* that the dimple should have been about 1/2" lower and to the right more and it would have made it fit perfect. I have been on a good, all day ride with mine as-is and had no issues. I periodically placed my hand near the exhaust while cruising and it blows a LOT of air out of there. I did not see any reason for me to go through the hassle of taking it all apart to "fix" it, so when I service my air filter I am going to do it by removing the screw, filling in the hole with a 2-part epoxy and resecure it after it dries. I noticed in the pictures in the instructions, it looks like the brace on my machine is different than the one that is pictures, probably why it did not line up correctly, as everything else was perfect.

I did not reuse any of the fuel line components, because 1) I already had the bike stripped down and had the new parts, and 2) I had 2 pieces that were in bad shape from either rubbing, or being squished. Better safe than sorry.

I don't have skids, and for a big guy with big hands, the water pump drain tube was still a PITA!

FWIW, my bike is an '09 MAX 800.

It took me a little while to get used to the new sounds that you will hear now with the air intake and CVT exhaust up front where you can hear things you did not before the install.

All in all, it took me about the same time to do it, making sure it was right. the ONLY gripe I have with the BRP kit is that the new pod doesn't have any decals on it, and it looks rather bland, and that is a very minor gripe. I tried to heat my old one up with a hair dryer to remove it, but it didn't stick to the new pod. I figure with all the attention to detail they put in with the kit, they could have at least put something on the front of it.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Member #15112
View noles70's Photo Gallery(0)
i have the xmr and its pos the snorkles suck on it where the airbox snorkle is its just out in the open for anything to get in it so i bought a snorkle system from snorkle ur ******** does alot better
Old 07-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Member #13697
Quote: Originally Posted by HossZ71 View Post
Mine is on it's way, after reading your post might go ahead and remove my skid plate before it arrives, knew I should have waited to put it on.
It will help a little bit. Either way it's in a tough area. I had mine on a small lift (18") and was ble to slide underneath. It's not a ton of fun. If I had it to do over again I would have installed the long tube for CVT and then the exhaust outlet. I just assumed it would all line up.

Quote: Originally Posted by Richard in LA View Post
my CVT exhaust is misaligned such as yours. I used the little "dimple" in the pipe and secured it with the self-tapping screw provided. I *think* that the dimple should have been about 1/2" lower and to the right more and it would have made it fit perfect. I have been on a good, all day ride with mine as-is and had no issues. I periodically placed my hand near the exhaust while cruising and it blows a LOT of air out of there. I did not see any reason for me to go through the hassle of taking it all apart to "fix" it, so when I service my air filter I am going to do it by removing the screw, filling in the hole with a 2-part epoxy and resecure it after it dries. I noticed in the pictures in the instructions, it looks like the brace on my machine is different than the one that is pictures, probably why it did not line up correctly, as everything else was perfect.

I did not reuse any of the fuel line components, because 1) I already had the bike stripped down and had the new parts, and 2) I had 2 pieces that were in bad shape from either rubbing, or being squished. Better safe than sorry.

I don't have skids, and for a big guy with big hands, the water pump drain tube was still a PITA!

FWIW, my bike is an '09 MAX 800.

It took me a little while to get used to the new sounds that you will hear now with the air intake and CVT exhaust up front where you can hear things you did not before the install.

All in all, it took me about the same time to do it, making sure it was right. the ONLY gripe I have with the BRP kit is that the new pod doesn't have any decals on it, and it looks rather bland, and that is a very minor gripe. I tried to heat my old one up with a hair dryer to remove it, but it didn't stick to the new pod. I figure with all the attention to detail they put in with the kit, they could have at least put something on the front of it.
I agree on the location of the hole for securing it. If I had it to do over I would install from the CVT forward and THEN test fit the pod cover. Maybe somebody can learn from this. I heated the decal from the backside and it came off fine. I agree with you, a new sticker would have been nice.
2011 800XTP Max, 26.5 Pitbull Growlers, Dalton Clutch Kit, Symtec Heated Grips, 10" Rigid Light Bar, Warn Power Pivot Plow, Hayden Fan Controller, XMR Radiator Relocate, Synthetic Winch Line, Blazer Fog Lights...for now.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:21 PM

Member #2621
just read the instructions,,,got a headache,,,think the east coast snorkels i put on my 07 800,,were easier,,,not as factory finished looking,,,but did the job,,oh,well,,will start skinning my knuckles,,,and kicking things,,,lol,,,does the gauge cluster just pull off ? or do you have to turn it,,and then pull ?
Old 07-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Member #4004
View OuttyUpfront's Photo Gallery(0)
The CVT Exhaust / Wire connector holder bracket is different on the XMR - WAY different than what was installed on my '07 Outty... the "dimple" wasn't even close but I used it - along with a inch and a half long piece of 1/8 X 1" Aluminum stock - I put a hole at each end, one was for a screw in the cvt exhaust, and the other was for a bolt and nut for a hole lower in the OEM bracket - The CVT exhaust tube and the hole in the pod lined up perfect.

I didn't order a kit as I just bought parts - didn't feel the need for new airbox - and my '07 still has a "nipple-less" weep hole - but it's on my list to do whenever I have the motor out. If the weephole starts leaking first, then I'll pull the engine and do it then.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Member #13697
Quote: Originally Posted by camlaw View Post
just read the instructions,,,got a headache,,,think the east coast snorkels i put on my 07 800,,were easier,,,not as factory finished looking,,,but did the job,,oh,well,,will start skinning my knuckles,,,and kicking things,,,lol,,,does the gauge cluster just pull off ? or do you have to turn it,,and then pull ?
You will be fine. The instructions are actually pretty good. I had never installed anything like this.

You have to turn it about 1/8 of a turn. Once you have the pod off you will be able to see the tabs on the underside and see how it comes off.

If you have questions feel free to PM me and I'll send you my cell number. I ain't no expert, but the experience is fresh in the memory banks!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Member #2621
Quote: Originally Posted by innrkid View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by camlaw View Post
You will be fine. The instructions are actually pretty good. I had never installed anything like this.

You have to turn it about 1/8 of a turn. Once you have the pod off you will be able to see the tabs on the underside and see how it comes off.

If you have questions feel free to PM me and I'll send you my cell number. I ain't no expert, but the experience is fresh in the memory banks!
thanks,,will pm ya,,if i get stumped,,,no stickers ?,,,,got to buy them separately ?,,,i also got to cut a hole in the pod cover,,for my mini-rocker switch,,i got with my winch,,,that i didn't ask for,,,did anybody glue the heat tape on the bottom of the cvt exhaust ?,,or is it sticky enough with out the glue ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

Search tags for this page

brp snorkel kit

brp snorkel kit install instructions
brp snorkel kit instructions

brp stealth snorkel

brp stealth snorkel kit

brp stealth snorkel kit instructions
can am atv stealth snorkel kit
can am factory snorkel kit
can am stealth snorkel install

can am stealth snorkel kit

installing brp cvt relocation kit
installing brp stealth snorkel
stealth snorkel kit

stealth snorkel kit outlander

stealth snorkel kits
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.