Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Thanked 261 Times in 194 Posts
Wow that thing is NICE! No more pin's and yelling at my wife up and down w/ the jack! LMAO!
I also like the push down feature! That is the first blade I've seen that looks like it can actually DIG down! Not just the weight pushing down...
Wonder how it'll hold up in the cold and snow! (The quick connect and pedal disconnect)
If someone gets this thing and uses it, please post your experiences!!
Chris! They work VERY well. There are some areas they simply can't do because of size etc.. but here are some things that "hinder" a ATV for plowing.
1) Battery Charge - If your up and down ALOT and not running the engine high you'll lose power faster than you can replace it. You'll figure out how to get around it real quick..Everyone messes up here for the first couple times.
2) It cannot LIFT the snow - It can PUSH and ramp snow, so if you get ALOT of snow make sure you plow it far away so you can keep pushing to that area in the future. Some guys mess this up and run out of pushing room to early in the season.
3) Use LOW ratio and 4X4 at ALL TIMES!! - Sounds like common sense but you'd be surprised. Also low will help keep your rev's up for battery charge.
4) If your ATV stops or slows down bad...STOP!! - Your quad will power out eventually especially in the spring when the snow's sticky. Don't JUICE it to push, you'll do some belt damage here. Back up and either take another run at it or cut your run in half! Remember your having fun out there LOL Staying around for another 10 mins and not destroying your machine is better...Trust me!
5) BE SEEN!!! - Not a big problem w/ the country fellas but in the city, PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT AND STUPID!! I've been nearly hit like 4 times!! Some punk in a Civic will be doing 40 miles an hour around a bend and Im out there pushing snow (Even for the neighbors) I've even had people actually honk they're horns at me while Im trying to get the pile and me out of the way...."F" Off Yuppie... ***One time this chick was freaking out so bad I just shut it off and walked away! Took her like 10 runs at the snow windrow and got stuck at least twice while I stood of to the side having a smoke***
We had so much snow last year peoples driveways were stacked up over 6 feet...People were getting they're FWD's stuck before they even made it 20 feet out of they're driveways...We were all helping people out, clearing snow off the streets and just being good neighbor's. But all it takes is one bitch in a hurry with her Mitsubishi POS to piss you off...Just laugh and let them by, if they get stuck make the "How much" hand sign and you'll be surprised how much they can calm down...All of the sudden your her best friend!
Oh and 1B) After your all done and wrap up for the night, trickle charge your bike!!!! You'll be ready in the morning w/ full charge that way! It'll piss you off something fierce when it won't start because you lost to much reserve power the night before!
You'll also find you won't have to dress that warm...I always start out looking like an Eskimo and by the end Im in a T Shirt Haha
Our new snow toy now is a John Deere 326D Hehehe come try and hit me now stupids MUHAHAHAHahahah...Ha. Lol I LOVE that thing! I've been told I carry a SH%t eating grin while I out working it!
2012 OUTLANDER 1000 XT - XMR COLORS- APACHE TRACKS/GORILLA AXLES X4/AMERICAN STAR TIE RODS (CUSTOM MADE)/AIRDAM (CVTECH) PRIMARY & STM 45 GOLD SPRING SECONDARY/HMF SLIP ON/DEX FARING/2UP SEAT-MOOSE BOX/KIMPEX PEG BARS/BRP METAL PEGS/RICOCHET SKID PLATES/2" GT PIPE LIFT/CAN AM HEATED GRIPS/30" OUTLAW RADIALS ON MSR DIESEL WHEELS/WARN RECEIVER CLEVIS/ROYAL PURPLE & LUCAS OILS (CUSTOM SNORKLE/KOV RAD RELOCATE BUILT TOGETHER)
NEXT UP -- JL AUDIO SYSTEM//TWIN BATTERY & BUILT IN SOLAR CHARGER (HAVE PARTS NEED TIME!)//GET TORQED CAM REPLACEMENT
2010 POLARIS 550 XP EPS -- MID RISE SMOKE WINDSHIELD/2UP SEAT--MOOSE BOX//RT30 WINCH & REMOTE--OTHERWISE STOCK FOR THE TIME BEING
Last edited by BigOutlaw; 12-04-2011 at 10:01 PM.