Alpine Flex Plow - Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am ATV Forum

Alpine Flex Plow

This is a discussion on Alpine Flex Plow within the Can-Am Outlander forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; Is anyone running or going to run, the Alpine Flex Plow on their Outlander this year? I think they are on to something with this ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #3884
View LostViking's Photo Gallery(0)
Alpine Flex Plow

Is anyone running or going to run, the Alpine Flex Plow on their Outlander this year? I think they are on to something with this setup. It's always better to compress springs rather than expand them. I'll get to see it in person this weekend. But so far, I like what I see. Should be able to carry snow up the banks better. Looks to set up to angle even with the tracks on. And If you buy it with the machine it has the same warranty.

I've had two Moose Plows and a Glacier 1 over the years. They never let me down, but they never really impressed me either.

I'm really hoping I like this new Outlander, after I try it.

Last edited by LostViking; 11-30-2011 at 06:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LostViking For This Useful Post:
GunnyE9  (11-30-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Premium Member

Member #14828
View GunnyE9's Photo Gallery(25)
I just looked this up to see what you were talk'in about ........ That's a way nice set up !!

If I had the money, I'd switch over to this plow !! ...

My Video's - http://www.youtube.com/user/GunnyE9?feature=mhum
LostViking (11-30-2011), WiNdGaDe800 (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM

First Name: married with 2 daughter"s
Member #11207
View hunter541's Photo Gallery(0)
looks easy to hook and unhook definitly some engineering in that i dont know what they cost but they look expensive,my canam dealer has been using the warn provantage alot ,i have one myself and i like the front mount system,keeps the mount hidden so you dont hit it on rocks and it hooks up easy to.just my 2 cents

Old 11-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Member #3884
Is that sexy or what!!

Hook up, Plow, Drop plow and go riding to "Charge the Battery" Life is good.

It has extensions available. to take it out to 68" if you're in light snow. and Drift cutters/side shields to carry more snow.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 PM

First Name: -
Member #18972
View WiNdGaDe800's Photo Gallery(7)
Excellent idea, except for the limit switches that will get hit by snow, or packed with snow, also where the winch mounts I'm sure snow will get packed in there.. or ice... but otherwise... WOW NICE!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 PM

Member #3884
Another thing I like about those videos is it looks like it's out far enough to facilitate the use of tracks. Very Cool.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:56 PM

Member #18241
View christisk's Photo Gallery(3)
How well do ATV's plow the snow? With a 60" plow do the 800's ever not have enough power or do the tires just spin because you can't push that much snow or does the belt start to slip or?

Eventually i would like to get a plow but not if it doesn't do it's job, i don't want more headaches then what it's worth.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:18 PM

Member #9977
View marcf's Photo Gallery(0)
My driveways about a 1/4 mile long.. I use to snowblow it till I got a plow for my quad. Now the blower doesn't get used very much. I can push snow great with it, wet snow, slush.. it does it fine.. now it doesn't have the power to be pushing back banks half way through winter, so you have to account for where you want the snow.. but I have push snow that was coming over the top of the plow... like you said.. your biggest problem will be traction. but unless your on ice you should be fine.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 PM

Member #18570
View BigOutlaw's Photo Gallery(0)
Wow that thing is NICE! No more pin's and yelling at my wife up and down w/ the jack! LMAO!

I also like the push down feature! That is the first blade I've seen that looks like it can actually DIG down! Not just the weight pushing down...

Wonder how it'll hold up in the cold and snow! (The quick connect and pedal disconnect)

If someone gets this thing and uses it, please post your experiences!!

Chris! They work VERY well. There are some areas they simply can't do because of size etc.. but here are some things that "hinder" a ATV for plowing.

1) Battery Charge - If your up and down ALOT and not running the engine high you'll lose power faster than you can replace it. You'll figure out how to get around it real quick..Everyone messes up here for the first couple times.

2) It cannot LIFT the snow - It can PUSH and ramp snow, so if you get ALOT of snow make sure you plow it far away so you can keep pushing to that area in the future. Some guys mess this up and run out of pushing room to early in the season.

3) Use LOW ratio and 4X4 at ALL TIMES!! - Sounds like common sense but you'd be surprised. Also low will help keep your rev's up for battery charge.

4) If your ATV stops or slows down bad...STOP!! - Your quad will power out eventually especially in the spring when the snow's sticky. Don't JUICE it to push, you'll do some belt damage here. Back up and either take another run at it or cut your run in half! Remember your having fun out there LOL Staying around for another 10 mins and not destroying your machine is better...Trust me!

5) BE SEEN!!! - Not a big problem w/ the country fellas but in the city, PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT AND STUPID!! I've been nearly hit like 4 times!! Some punk in a Civic will be doing 40 miles an hour around a bend and Im out there pushing snow (Even for the neighbors) I've even had people actually honk they're horns at me while Im trying to get the pile and me out of the way...."F" Off Yuppie... ***One time this chick was freaking out so bad I just shut it off and walked away! Took her like 10 runs at the snow windrow and got stuck at least twice while I stood of to the side having a smoke***

We had so much snow last year peoples driveways were stacked up over 6 feet...People were getting they're FWD's stuck before they even made it 20 feet out of they're driveways...We were all helping people out, clearing snow off the streets and just being good neighbor's. But all it takes is one bitch in a hurry with her Mitsubishi POS to piss you off...Just laugh and let them by, if they get stuck make the "How much" hand sign and you'll be surprised how much they can calm down...All of the sudden your her best friend!

Oh and 1B) After your all done and wrap up for the night, trickle charge your bike!!!! You'll be ready in the morning w/ full charge that way! It'll piss you off something fierce when it won't start because you lost to much reserve power the night before!

You'll also find you won't have to dress that warm...I always start out looking like an Eskimo and by the end Im in a T Shirt Haha

Our new snow toy now is a John Deere 326D Hehehe come try and hit me now stupids MUHAHAHAHahahah...Ha. Lol I LOVE that thing! I've been told I carry a SH%t eating grin while I out working it!
2012 OUTLANDER 1000 XT - XMR COLORS- APACHE TRACKS/GORILLA AXLES X4/AMERICAN STAR TIE RODS (CUSTOM MADE)/AIRDAM (CVTECH) PRIMARY & STM 45 GOLD SPRING SECONDARY/HMF SLIP ON/DEX FARING/2UP SEAT-MOOSE BOX/KIMPEX PEG BARS/BRP METAL PEGS/RICOCHET SKID PLATES/2" GT PIPE LIFT/CAN AM HEATED GRIPS/30" OUTLAW RADIALS ON MSR DIESEL WHEELS/WARN RECEIVER CLEVIS/ROYAL PURPLE & LUCAS OILS (CUSTOM SNORKLE/KOV RAD RELOCATE BUILT TOGETHER)

NEXT UP -- JL AUDIO SYSTEM//TWIN BATTERY & BUILT IN SOLAR CHARGER (HAVE PARTS NEED TIME!)//GET TORQED CAM REPLACEMENT

2010 POLARIS 550 XP EPS -- MID RISE SMOKE WINDSHIELD/2UP SEAT--MOOSE BOX//RT30 WINCH & REMOTE--OTHERWISE STOCK FOR THE TIME BEING

Last edited by BigOutlaw; 12-04-2011 at 11:01 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigOutlaw For This Useful Post:
Junglecaddy (09-03-2016), SamSun (01-03-2012), Stefan (02-02-2014), WilliamBos (09-15-2012)
Old 12-04-2011, 11:06 PM

Member #18241
View christisk's Photo Gallery(3)
Thanks much and yea, i got a battery tender Jr. in the mail coming my way.

lol, you got a skidsteer for snow now, lol no more probs

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

Search tags for this page

alpine flex plow

alpine flex plow manual
alpine flex plow ratings
alpine flex plow review

alpine flex plow reviews

can am alpine flex plow

can am alpine flex plow reviews

can am alpine flex snow plow reviews
can am alpine snow plow
can am commander alpine flex plow
can am flex plow installation
can am flex plow review
can am flex plow reviews
can am snow plow review
total weight of can am flex plow
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.