Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Front of 2013 bottoms out in bed of pickup

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  csacsa 
#1 ·
2013 max limited front bottoms out in the bed of my pickup on the interstate. Shocks are adjusted to stiffest setting. I need suggestions. I wondered why when I was going down hills I was hitting every damn rock with the skid plate.

#8 ·
Could you please elaborate. What do you mean it bottoms out with nobody on it while it in the back of your truck. I dont get it.

#9 ·
When he goes down the road with it in the bed of his truck and hits a bump the atv will bottom out....thats what I got from it anyways

#10 ·
that would make me think there is something wrong in the front end. For it to bottom out from a bump in the road. Hell, I am not a big person but still weigh over 150. I can't make mine bottom out by pushing down on the front end. How big are the bumps that is being hit and at what speed?

#12 ·
Thats what Im not understanding. I know the front end on these things is known to be soft but to bottom out the suspension while its riding in a truck doesnt make sense at all. Mine only bottoms out on big bumps going pretty fast while riding it. It doesnt hardly even move when its riding in the back of my truck. Something doesnt add up here.

#13 ·
Ok that makes sense.

#16 ·
Brought mine home in the bed of my truck and never saw it even bounce once.
2013 outlander max xtp1000, sitting in a 3/4 ton diesel that is slightly stiffer due to air bags, this should have caused some bouncing.
I would investigate why your srpings are so soft or stop off roading with the quad in the bed.

#19 ·
OK, so I got the spacers installed. It has 11" of ground clearance from the skid plate to the ground just like my Grizzly. BUT, it still nose dives when going down hill. I even cranked the adjuster springs to max. Tested both the Grizzly and Outlander on a rock I place on a hill. Went down, the Grizzly cleared it and the Outlander smashed right into it, and I'm not talking scrapped, it hit it and dragged it. What is next, need your help.

#23 ·
Are you running in 4x4 down hills? I feel much safer going down steep hills in 2 wheel especially if I'm relying on engine breaking and not gassing down it. It almost sounds like maybe the engine breaking is causing it to squat.

#24 ·
I have a 2013 max xt 650, which the shocks set to the softest setting and almost never bottom out, and 90% of my riding is rocky, actually boulders. I'm about 240 and my passenger is about 115. I also seldom never hold back on the throttle!! We can cross a set of tracks without scraping. I would have the dealer check that out. Does that model have the air suspension? If so maybe there is a leak somewhere.

#25 ·
It only nose dives on trails when going down hill. I didn't hit the same rock going up hill. And yes I know the engine braking us pulling the nose down, but is it normal as much as I'm seeing? I've been riding Yamaha's for 25 years and never had any issues like this.

#26 ·
Just sounds like the springs are set really soft. No worries. Does it ride stiff? Bottom out when riding normal trails with medium size bumps or craters? The truck thing seems weird but if the suspension is not strapped tight then yes the body of the quad will move up and down but to bottom out seems odd. Measure your ground clearance, set shocks a little stiffer, strap suspension tighter when traveling in the back of your truck and then report back to us. Take a couple short vids. of your complaints and we'll go from there. :th_smiliethumbsup::smilietwocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.