Can-Am ATV Forum

Can-Am ATV Forum (http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/)
-   Can-Am Outlander (http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/can-am-outlander/)
-   -   hand and thumb warmers for outlanders? (http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/can-am-outlander/46805-hand-thumb-warmers-outlanders.html)

sly 09-09-2013 07:54 AM

hand and thumb warmers for outlanders?

Well the fall temperatures are just around the corner so I'm looking at getting some hand and thumb warmers for my outlander. Where do you guys get yours and how easy/hard are they to install? I've read in someone's signature that the brp ones are junk, is this true?

Moss 09-09-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sly (Post 487084)
Well the fall temperatures are just around the corner so I'm looking at getting some hand and thumb warmers for my outlander. Where do you guys get yours and how easy/hard are they to install? I've read in someone's signature that the brp ones are junk, is this true?

The plastic housing for the handle bar mounted controls is flimsy, and cracks. Mine is already starting to break, and i don't have many miles, and none of them hard miles on it....

awful knawful 09-09-2013 08:04 AM

The BRP ones work great. The control housing is JUNK. They crack and BRP WIL NOT warranty them! 3 in our group, all the same problem, no warranty!
Get the SYMTEC ones. I have them on my Honda and they are awsome. On high tou can't hold your bare hands on the bars too long.
Any dealer/ on line place should have em.
Heated ATV Grips - Heat Demon

styk 09-09-2013 02:38 PM

X2 on the Symtec/heat demons. Get the 4 zone if you want to control a heated visor and rear grips in addition to your grips anfd throttle lever

Coonhound693 09-09-2013 08:07 PM

I have the heat demons by symtec and love them. very easy to install. hardest part was to remove old grips.

sly 09-10-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coonhound693 (Post 487223)
I have the heat demons by symtec and love them. very easy to install. hardest part was to remove old grips.

did you choose the glue on's or push on's? Also how comfortable are they compared to the stock hand grips?

adrumm5378 09-10-2013 09:57 PM

Symtec!

Coonhound693 09-10-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sly (Post 487299)
Quote:

did you choose the glue on's or push on's? Also how comfortable are they compared to the stock hand grips?

They are slip on. IMO I think the grip is better, didn't notice if they are more cushy than factory. The factory ones were glued on and they were a pain to remove. I used a razor blade and sand paper. I paid around $97 from amazon for the symtecs

Motorbreath 09-11-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coonhound693 (Post 487451)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sly (Post 487299)
Quote:

They are slip on. IMO I think the grip is better, didn't notice if they are more cushy than factory. The factory ones were glued on and they were a pain to remove. I used a razor blade and sand paper. I paid around $97 from amazon for the symtecs

Same heated grips i bought and i love em...but ide glue em to the bars cuz mine are already coming loose...my only complaint though!

Dr_Z 09-11-2013 08:48 AM

I use hair spray under the grip to help slide them on. Once the alcohol evaporates, it acts like glue. I just installed the Symtec Heat Demon under the grip elements and thumb warmer last week.