Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 max

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rockhead 
#1 ·
On my 2014 max 800, I cranked up my preload; the fronts are still a little soft but rear is pretty firm. I was going to add spring preload spacers all around but now I don't know. Has the rear springs part numbers changed from previous years? Would adding spacers up front make the bike ride like a chopper?

#4 ·
I never liked the feel of the front end on mine even with them fully pre-loaded. After i installed the billet spacer from the Highlifter signature series lift and adjusted the preload to about half way the front end felt a lot more solid for my liking. Also like the the 1.25" of additional ground clearance. Win win for me.

#6 ·
I was on the BRP website comparing part numbers to previous years and single seaters. It appears rear springs are the same as 2013 but front springs have a different part number for the max.
Rear springs on max have different part numbers to standard 1 up.

I have only got 280 km on my bike but after cranking my preload on the last ride I will back off the rears by 1. I have 1 inch spacers for the front, they really are still soft when preload is cranked. It will be a couple of weeks before I get to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.