Outlander 400 squeal/screech - Page 2 - Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am ATV Forum

Outlander 400 squeal/screech

This is a discussion on Outlander 400 squeal/screech within the Can-Am Outlander forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; There called wear sleeves they make sure you make a good seal between input shafts of your rear and tranny , if your not leaking ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2016, 05:51 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #11016
View zags's Photo Gallery(0)
There called wear sleeves they make sure you make a good seal between input shafts of your rear and tranny , if your not leaking any grease you should be good

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #69386
View knibbeje's Photo Gallery(0)
Wanted to circle back to share my experience. I did some more research and was a little worried about being able to press out and replace those u joints and get it back together. The u joint kit was like $25, on a tip from my brother I found the complete drive shaft with new u joints on each end was $40-$50 depending on who sold it. I got the $50 one only because it had faster shipping to my house. The item arrived and was built quite a bit better in terms of size of drive shaft steel compared to oem one. It has grease zerks, but while greasing one the threads came loose on the zerk. It was a 2 part zerk, the part that threaded into the u joint was good, but the 45 degree angle part also had threads and they were flimsy/light and shot. The ebay company was very good about sending me a replacement overnight fedex no charge!

I decided that now I know that those sleeves should have been on anyway it is worth going through the work of taking it all back out. I took it back out, added the wear sleeves, and then swapped the grease zerk from the replacement one to the first one so that was good. Added grease, put it back together.

Amazing the difference in driving as I have no lag, when you apply throttle instantly it goes. I guess the clutch was fine all along! The old u joints were completely shot. I'll keep up on greasing this one too.

I went to the parts store and got a new grease zerk (got a better one as it has a solid brass body so no place for threads to come loose anymore) So if anyone needs a replacement rear drive shaft, let me know! I can keep this around for the future but I hope to not have to replace this again!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander