Most Common Problems - Can-Am ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-31-2010, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Most Common Problems

I have a 2007 Can Am Renegade and I was wondering what the most common problems for them are. So far the back plate to the belt housing leaks and I am leaking fluid where the rear drive shaft meets the motor. They are both at the dealer right now being fixed. What porblems should I expect to have in the coming years with this model?

The BRP Family
2007 Can Am Renegade 800- East Coast ATV snorkel swept back, ATR Spine Chassis, HMF Performance Series, HMF Optimizer, 26" Maxxis Zillas
2009 Can Am Outlander 800-ATR Spine Chassis, Ricochet Skids
2009 Can Am Outlander 400-Stock
2007 Sea Doo RXP 215-Stock
2007 Sea Doo RXP 155-stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-01-2010, 05:51 AM

I bought my '07 brand new a few years back and have had the machine for 3 years now with just over 3,000 miles. I have not had any problems with it except for a blown engine the first year I had it. This was a freak problem and Can am replaced it under warranty no questions asked.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-01-2010, 08:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to RaiderMike67
Whether it's a Renegade or Outlander the mechanics of both machines are identical except for the suspension so I doubt whether there are mechanical glitches in the Renegade that don't exist in the Outlanders. I have an 06 Outlander(first production run) that experienced it's first mechanical problem which was a leaking valve cover gasket, personally I think the guy at the shop tweaked it because it started leaking the first time I used it after getting it out of the shop for it's service.

I'd argue that most mechanical problems are the result of poor maintenance and/or rough use of the machine. I'm not suggesting this is why you've had problems, sometimes mechanical devices just fail for no apparent reason.

FWIW rode my Outlander pretty hard when I first got it and even did a few races, the worst problem I've had is with flat tires.

06 Outlander 800, 25" Kenda Bounty Hunters front, 25" Duro Power Grips rear, HMF Penland Exhaust,HPG front shocks, billet shifter, racks removed, XT handguards, plastic skids,

Prior Quads/toys:

Yamaha Bear Tracker,Yamaha Bruin350,Bombardier DS650,Honda Rincon 650,Outlander 330 4x4, Renegade 800,Yamaha TTR 250 trail bike',1973 Yamaha 350 Snowmobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-18-2013, 06:11 PM

please, any information on2009 outlander 650 xt stators? Is there a heavier model available?
post #5 of 5 Old 12-20-2013, 10:33 PM

get a battery tender asap. that will keep battery at the proper voltage.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Renegade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode