Can-Am ATV Forum

P0705 Transmission range sensor circuit malfunction (PRNHL).

This is a discussion on P0705 Transmission range sensor circuit malfunction (PRNHL). within the Can-Am Renegade forums, part of the Can-Am ATV Discussion category; Getting this code when under a heavy load going over 55mph. I took the three gearbox sensors out and cleaned them and put them back ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Renegade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #24982
View TheBlizzard's Photo Gallery(0)
P0705 Transmission range sensor circuit malfunction (PRNHL).

Getting this code when under a heavy load going over 55mph. I took the three gearbox sensors out and cleaned them and put them back in and there was no change. When it throws the check engine light there is no change in how it runs, nor do I get the "E" in the position box on the dash like some say that they get.

Just wondering where I should go from here? Is there some connections I should take apart and clean? Battery may be getting weak or something?

Bike in question is an 08 800 Rene

Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:35 AM

Member #4746
View gbroad23's Photo Gallery(0)
I would assume you took the wires off the sensors as well and cleaned thos connections? Just making sure cause you wernt overly clear on that. There is also a 4th wire about 3-4 inches towards the front with the same style sensor for the 4x4 indicator light. It wouldnt hurt to clean and dielectric grease that one aswell. I will see if the manual has anything on testing them.
07 outty 800 max xt, XMR stealth snorkels, Fox evolution shocks, CV tech primary by Airdam, 650 helix, Y/B Dalton secondary spring, Odyssey pc680 battery, 5000 pound viper max winch, 28 " Swamp Fox with off set rims, Full Ricochet skids, Moose Grip/Thumb and seat warmers, steel frame mod, Wild bore rad relocate, Allballs Tie rod ends, ATR heavy duty tie rods, All balls ball joints and wheel bearings, XMR dash pod, extended vent lines, updated cvt back plate, custom built steering stem (2" longer than stock), MRRPM 840 bbk, stage 1 drop in cams, Throttle wedge mod, PC5, FMF slip on, O2 bungs welded for dual tune.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 AM

Member #24982
Yeah sorry I wasn't clear, but I did clean all of them, and I also cleaned and used dialectic grease on the connections.

I will do the 4x4 indicator sensor as well just to be sure, I didn't know about that one.

It just doesn't make sense that it only does it under a heavy load going above 50mph or so. I could drive it for 5 hours straight and never see it happen unless I get going that fast.

And again, it does not throw the indicator "E" error like some say happens under that condition.

So I am kind of at a loss. It doesn't affect how it runs at all but I just like my stuff to be running 100% to avoid issues when I am on long rides.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:42 PM

Member #13805
View michalip's Photo Gallery(0)
had the same thing as you, after cleaning all 4 wires - I kept getting the code.
What solved it was cleaning the speed sensor from the metal filings it collects.

its located at the same area - have a go at it and let us know

good luck
Mods: 1" wheel spacers, Hayden 3647 (disabled), VBX bearings, Fan Led switch, HMF Performance Slip-on & QC, Dalton DBO650 & Tan Spring, FlexxBars 15 Quad High, Odi Rogue grips, Cycra handguars, ELKA 1+R, DEI Titanium exhaust wrap
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 AM

Member #24982
Awesome, I'll do that in the next few days here and post my findings. I think my neighbors are going to get sick of me riding the roads going 60mph though here pretty quick so hopefully I can get it fixed. Ha ha.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM

Member #25991
View Flyboy538's Photo Gallery(2)
Quote: Originally Posted by michalip View Post
had the same thing as you, after cleaning all 4 wires - I kept getting the code.
What solved it was cleaning the speed sensor from the metal filings it collects.

good luck
Good info man i have gotten the same code but when i cycle the key off and back on again it clears it. I will give those conncections a cleaning i read that in the service manual just couldn't believe that was going to get rid of that code.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:24 AM

Member #13805
View michalip's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by Flyboy538 View Post

good luck
Good info man i have gotten the same code but when i cycle the key off and back on again it clears it. I will give those conncections a cleaning i read that in the service manual just couldn't believe that was going to get rid of that code.
Same thing was happening to me - just cycle it once at the beginning of the trip and never get it again. Well that was getting a bit frustrating so I started digging . It was the VSS all along, but it didnt hurt cleaning all the other sensors located in the same area as I wrote above.
Mods: 1" wheel spacers, Hayden 3647 (disabled), VBX bearings, Fan Led switch, HMF Performance Slip-on & QC, Dalton DBO650 & Tan Spring, FlexxBars 15 Quad High, Odi Rogue grips, Cycra handguars, ELKA 1+R, DEI Titanium exhaust wrap
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 AM

Member #25991
Quote: Originally Posted by Flyboy538 View Post

good luck
Same thing was happening to me - just cycle it once at the beginning of the trip and never get it again. Well that was getting a bit frustrating so I started digging . It was the VSS all along, but it didnt hurt cleaning all the other sensors located in the same area as I wrote above.
Oh really?? Whats the VSS?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 AM

Member #4746
View gbroad23's Photo Gallery(0)
Vehicle Speed Sensor.
07 outty 800 max xt, XMR stealth snorkels, Fox evolution shocks, CV tech primary by Airdam, 650 helix, Y/B Dalton secondary spring, Odyssey pc680 battery, 5000 pound viper max winch, 28 " Swamp Fox with off set rims, Full Ricochet skids, Moose Grip/Thumb and seat warmers, steel frame mod, Wild bore rad relocate, Allballs Tie rod ends, ATR heavy duty tie rods, All balls ball joints and wheel bearings, XMR dash pod, extended vent lines, updated cvt back plate, custom built steering stem (2" longer than stock), MRRPM 840 bbk, stage 1 drop in cams, Throttle wedge mod, PC5, FMF slip on, O2 bungs welded for dual tune.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 AM

Member #25991
Quote: Originally Posted by gbroad23 View Post
Vehicle Speed Sensor.

That's the 4th wire to the right of the 3 in the gearbox right? Did you have to replace it or just clean it??

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Renegade

Search tags for this page
1996 honda accord p0705
1998 honda accord p0705
1998 honda accord p0705#gsc.tab
2002 honda accord p0705
cam am po705 code
cleaning can-am atv transmission sensor connectors
cleaning canam tranmissions sensors
honda accord transmission position sensor
honda odyssey 1999 transmission code p0705
honda odyssey p0705
honda odyssey sensor problems po705 1998
odyessy p0705
p0705 honda

p0705 honda accord

transmission range senor 99 odyssey
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.