Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Help 10 hour service

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mraz036 
#1 ·
I am the second owner of a 2013 renegade 800r. The bike has 20 hours and a 198 miles on it. The previous owner said he had the 10 hr service completed however cannot find his receipt. I called the dealer where he said he had it done and they have no record of it by his name or VIN #. I do not think he is lying but I don't know if he had it done. My question is, is there any way I can tell if the 10 hour service was completed or not? I pulled the oil dipstick the oil looks very clean. I greased all the grease zerks soon as I got it so I cant tell by looking at that. The air filter looks brand new. There is no message stating service soon on the dash. Anyone have any ideas??

#3 ·
That's what I'm thinking called my local dealer they quoted me a price of 267 dollars unless it needs something like the valves needing to be adjusted or something to that nature. Anyone know if that sounds about right for the price? Is there going to be a problem with the warranty now that the service is being done at 20 hours and not 10?

#6 ·
From all the input on this same question that I have read on this forum, including mine, my advise it to listen to your dealer. They will be the ones servicing warranty stuff and you want them on your side. For example, my dealer didn't want any part of my machine at 10 hours. He said he wanted me to get between 100 and 200 miles or 20 hours, whichever came first. I took it in at 100 miles, 18 hours. The dealer plays the biggest part of whether the warranty is honored or not. My break-in inspection was $246.

#7 · (Edited)
Damn dude, at that blazin' average speed of 5.5 mph you didn't even get gas or carbon in the oil to justify a service....lol
I agree on the dealer on your side, they can make or break a warranty claim.

#8 ·
Yeah man, most of my riding is puttin around my land. Every time I hear others' miles and hours it makes me laugh and tell myself, Jeeez you need to drive faster!!

#10 ·
Just ride, as long as you're smilin' , it's all good...

#13 ·
The engine oil looks brand new. Nice golden color. I think I'm just going to take it into the dealer and have them do the 10 hr service. That way I'll feel much better knowing it was done. As the second owner I don't have any record of it being completed. I gave both dealers the Vin # and nothing came up in the history. This way if there is a problem and I need to go the warranty route I can show it was completed at an "authorized dealer" as per the manual. Lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.