Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is the SxS!!

17K views 51 replies 35 participants last post by  okieraptor 
#1 ·
#33 ·
Around here we have no dunes... this is what we ride in 90% of the time. On 2-3-4 wheels. All year long, from dried up to muddy to 4 foot of snow.

Mill Creek to Oark via ATV trails WR250R, G650X on Vimeo

You can have all the power in the world, it will never compensate for being too large and overweight.

Different strokes for different folks.

But yeah... on wide open dunes, I can see where it wont matter much, you floor the go pedal and go straight... I'd rather be driving/riding.

#34 ·
again, it's a sxs, it wasn't made to go to those places like in that video.
You have the vehicle needed for that terrain. But the point here is that when it comes to sxs's and the needs of people who use them, can-am did a fantastic job for the first try.
I also guarantee, there is no wide open dunes in glamis, I will scare the piss out of you when I crest a razorback at 50 mph at midnight after the wind just blew 60mph, you wouldn't follow me.

the second scene is my rotax 800 rhino spanking a rzr up a huge dune.
my rhino is about 1300lbs use to have the stock 800 in it. It is plenty powerfull enough to haul 2 fatasses thru the dunes. I see the 1000 as a great powerplant.

#36 ·
I think it could be a great machine, and will be awesome in the dunes for sure. As for the mud and such, maybe not the best choice. Weight is a big issue and these things are almost the size of a suzuki samari. But hey, I would love to try one out and come to my own conclusions! Now, you build a stripped down version with that powerplant, i would love it.

#40 ·
I think they did a good job for the first go, but I would also like to see a more utilitarian model. I have been waiting to pull the trigger on one, but I am going with the Polaris Ranger instead. I am not knocking the Commander, it just doesn't fit my bill. I would absolutely pick the commander over a RZR. I hunt in alot of mud and I really wanted to see a bench seat.

#41 ·
I think they did a good job for the first go, but I would also like to see a more utilitarian model. I have been waiting to pull the trigger on one, but I am going with the Polaris Ranger instead. I am not knocking the Commander, it just doesn't fit my bill. I would absolutely pick the commander over a RZR. I hunt in alot of mud and I really wanted to see a bench seat.
you might want to look at the new 50 hp john deere

#43 ·
This looks like an awsome machine BUT for the MSRP you could buy three used Jeep Wranglers in decent shape...or one decent used Jeep Wrangler with a few grand in mod's and a nice trailer to haul it with and have some cash left over.

You could trick out an old Subaru Brat and have almost the same type of vehicle, get one with the 2000 cc engine, beef up the suspension, tires etc.

#44 ·
This looks like an awsome machine BUT for the MSRP you could buy three used Jeep Wranglers in decent shape...or one decent used Jeep Wrangler with a few grand in mod's and a nice trailer to haul it with and have some cash left over.

You could trick out an old Subaru Brat and have almost the same type of vehicle, get one with the 2000 cc engine, beef up the suspension, tires etc.
the first weekend with my stock rhino and all my buddies with jeeps said the same thing, I said get in your jeep and try and follow me, I lost them within a few minutes, On a steep or sandy hill, the utv is gone and your left struggling to get up in your jeep.

#45 ·
I'm not knocking it, looks like an awsome machine I'm knocking the price tag. You could buy two very nice ATV's and use the same argument though, they will go places the UTV won't/can't. Hey, don't get me wrong if I won the lottery tomorrow or something I'd probably go right out and get one, or order one anyway. I'm sure I could put it to good use! LOL A very expensive toy IMO!

#46 ·
I'm not knocking it, looks like an awsome machine I'm knocking the price tag. You could buy two very nice ATV's and use the same argument though, they will go places the UTV won't/can't. Hey, don't get me wrong if I won the lottery tomorrow or something I'd probably go right out and get one, or order one anyway. I'm sure I could put it to good use! LOL A very expensive toy IMO!
that is very true, and with limited units and dealers,I bet you pay almost 20 grand to get one out the door.

#50 ·
Not to be the negative person but I am not feeling the looks. I have a Popo Rzr 4 and I like the ride and speed, but the turning sucks. It is fun for the family and big trails but at 60" it is tight. So my other dislike is that it is 58.6". If it would have been around 50", Id be allover it. The looks to me is like a prowler and Teryx had a baby. The cockpit is nice. Just bigger than it needs to be. IMO. Not that it matters much. But seems the negative of the Teryx and Prowler and Ranger and Rzr-s were still captured by this rig. Width. That is why the Rzr is attractive to me. But I would rather have the Can Am agilities and speed and etc. Also, the rear end is pretty unusual. (That is not a compliment) I like can Am a lot and was hoping for something along the lines of the Rzr but it seems they, CA, just decided to kick the Rangers head in a little and maybe later they will bring out a micro version of the commander. I like the Rzr S suspension and it looks like the commander has a soft suspension too. I just dislike the Rzr S width and the Rzr 4 length is 13o" which makes turning radius crappy. The Commander is 118. Not a huge difference. That said, the cargo box is cool, the dump bed is needed and the speed and handling is probably bad ass. It is growing on me. But it does not accomplish what I would like. The exact machine, (Maybe a little differend look (Less like an Isuzu Vehicross) and less middle console making the widht around the 50". Then I am allover it.

#51 ·
I would think it would be a great thing for playing on the farm and screwing around but like everyone else I'll wait to see if it looses any weight over the next couple years before I buy. As for the width, a few less beer and a chain saw strapped to it would the trick. I can totally dig everything about it but the weight. I'll be also excited to see what comes out in the aftermarket that will shed weight. Betting the exhaust will be the first to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.