Can-Am ATV Forum

Uneducated people making big wages for menial jobs.

This is a discussion on Uneducated people making big wages for menial jobs. within the This Just Pisses Me Off forums, part of the Off Topic and General Discussion category; i do agree with u on the union issue.unions are driving the cost of everything way out of control.ie look at new zealand the goverment ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Off Topic and General Discussion > This Just Pisses Me Off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #248
View DIRTBIKEMIKE's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via MSN to DIRTBIKEMIKE
i do agree with u on the union issue.unions are driving the cost of everything way out of control.ie look at new zealand the goverment there banned unions cause inflation was way out of control there cause everybody down too mcdonalds was making way too much money.as long as a company can treat u fairly and keep wages on a decent level then u dont need a union.the mill i work at has never been union and personally we dont need it they treat us fair and keep the wages competitive.40 hours work 40 hours of pay is the new saying at work.unlike a union graveyard crew which works 7 hours then minus breaks.its all good here just had too voice me opion on that issue thats all.what burns me is the teachers and there constant moaning heck they only work 9 months of the year if that.id agree with a wage increase if they worked a full year they think they are so hard done by come do what i do then we will see.anyhow enough about that going too take the bomb out today beat on some polaris and hondas lol glad i have 2 winchs on my quad now lol.
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2006, 04:12 PM

Member #334
View cementhead1's Photo Gallery(0)
Before everybody starts beating unions to death may be you should do some reseach on them if it for unions there wouldn't health coverage for anyone better wages at most work places the union also stands up non union ewmployee's . Try going to a right to work state wages half of what I make with hardly any benefits or pension . O'h by the 16 year member Laborers International union.
99 GMC
live long and have fun doing it.!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Member #402
View sharib's Photo Gallery(0)
Companies are trying to compete within the global market . We moved south from a union plant in Cleveland Ohio to a non union plant in Ms. Guess what the union plant is closed now. Ron also makes about 45,000 more a year now. The union has attempted to get in the plant down here but thankfully they never pass the vote. I would hate for this plant to move to Mexico or China. Companies are trying to survive and I believe most want to do what is right for their employees. I believe there was a time and a place for unions but the time has come and gone. Just a non union healthcare workers opinion. Husband used to be in UAW.
team outty 800 member #100
suzuki v-strom
kawasaki ninja 650r
Old 03-20-2006, 06:36 PM

Member #474
View Indiana Rider's Photo Gallery(0)
The real problem is management! Look at Enron, World Com etc... The management ran those places down the tubes, not the employee. IMO management is usually the problem.uke:
Ricochet Skids
60" Eagle Plow
Old 03-28-2006, 12:14 PM

Member #423
View duramaximizer's Photo Gallery(0)
the problem is not with one or the other, both are guilty.

no one in my opinion needs to make 75k working for gm. but CEO's are just as guilty, no one should get 15mil bonus for doing what they do. if the company makes a big profit, then everyone should profit equally.CEO's jobs are to makedesicions that will make the company more money, they should NOTget a bonus for doing their jobjust because itshows morethan the next guys.:hp: it takes everyone doing thier job to make a company run.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:23 PM
The Enforcer

Member #180
View OSOKILL's Photo Gallery(481)
the only differenceis,a CEO can make or break a company. all the pressure is on them. you mess up and the company is bankrupt,, everyones laid off. you do good, everyone does good and raises can be passed out. if a line worker messes up, you can move em to another spot or additional training. if a line worker puts a tire on backwards the company doesnt bankrupt. but yeah a $15 million bonus is quiet a lot and could be passed around a little more.
Team Outty 800 Member #24
Silent souls make .308 holes
www.commanderforums.org
www.atvblog.net
Old 03-28-2006, 06:57 PM

Member #423
i am not saying that ceo's don't deserve some money because your right, the job they do is important, but they don't deserve a whopper of a bonus just because they do their job good andy more than the guy on the floor that does a good job. one correct decision and a ceo can make millions, but a guy on the floor can work his tail off for 30 years and never make what a ceo can in 1 bonus check. i could see a 100k bonus or something, but 15 mil is pathetic. no one is worth a 15mil bonus IMO.

i do agree that unions have done america good in the past, but right now i have an extremely sour taste of unions. tongue and cheek though, i would love to work for a union doing and common man's job and make 20-30 dollars an hour + benefits.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:21 PM

Member #474
View Indiana Rider's Photo Gallery(0)
I work for aunionphone company and understand there a people who a worthless, but the idiotic decisions management makes is unbeleviable. You can take a C.E.O. who runs a company in the ground and what's he get a "GOLDEN PARACHUTE" a bigtime buyout? Take an hourly employee who makes a bad decision whats he get? FIRED! The only reason that I am saying this is because I see it first hand.:frown
Ricochet Skids
60" Eagle Plow
Old 04-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Supporting Member

Member #648
View madfabricator's Photo Gallery(0)
Well, I just read this whole discussion and thought Imight as well ad my two cents. I am an I.A.M member and my education past H.S. is limited to a two year tech school. I have worked in both union and non unionfactories soI have experianced both sides of that coin and have seen the pros and cons of both. If you are lucky enough to workfor a company that treats its employees fairly and with deserved respect, then a union is not needed, why pay dues that go up every time the cost of living does,BUT,if the company you work for treats its employees like crap and does not give the people on the floor the respect they deserve, then a union is needed. Keep in mind that a union is only as good as its stewards, if the stewards are in bed with the company and not standing behindits people,then you might as well not have a unoin because youre on youre own anyway. The bottom line, as I see it anyway,is its the person on the floor,pounding away at that machine eight to ten hours a day, everyday that makes that company run, its his or hers sweat, aching muscles and sore joints that keep that company afloat. Granted they do not make the important desicions that a CEO makes,but they produce the product that supports the company,look at a workers hands andupper managments hands and tell me who actually earns their paycheck and who doesnt.A college degree doesnt nessesarily mean that a person has the common sense to do the job the position requires.There are some educated idiots that make the desisions were I work and they dont have a clue, and a lot of times,when they make a wrong decision,somebody on the floor gets fired,because its always the operators fault, and when they do finally figure out it was a bad managementcall, well, thats ok. Sh## rolls downhill, but it allways starts withan ass.Personally, I thinka ditch digger should make more than a plant manager because he physicaly works harder. Thats just my humble opinion, I hope that,I did not stray off subject too much because Ido not type good at all and this tookme about a half hour to do and I lost my train ofthought on the main subject. Reguardless of education a person shold make an honest days wage for an honest days work, andan honest days work deserves respect.

When in doubt, STAND ON IT!
10 feet tall and BULLETPROOF!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:46 PM

Member #423
Amen. lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Off Topic and General Discussion > This Just Pisses Me Off

Search tags for this page
best jobs for the uneducated

best jobs for uneducated people

careers for the uneducated

careers for uneducated

careers for uneducated people

good paying jobs for the uneducated
high paying jobs for uneducated people
highest paid uneducated jobs
highest paying jobs for uneducated
list of rprofessions for the uneducated
menial jobs in canada
uneducated jobs
uneducated jobs that pay
uneducated jobs that pay well
whats best paying uneducated job
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.