Can-Am ATV Forum

Uneducated people making big wages for menial jobs.

This is a discussion on Uneducated people making big wages for menial jobs. within the This Just Pisses Me Off forums, part of the Off Topic and General Discussion category; Hmm....here's my rant. Nothing gets my goat more then seeing high school drops outs and uneducated people working on auto assembly lines making rediculous amounts ...

Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Off Topic and General Discussion > This Just Pisses Me Off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 08:52 PM

Member #
View 's Photo Gallery()
Hmm....here's my rant. Nothing gets my goat more then seeing high school drops outs and uneducated people working on auto assembly lines making rediculous amounts of money. They're only getting it because some UAW or CAW or whatever blackmailed the corporatoin into giving it to them.....and then they threaten to go on strike again the next year if they don't get even more money. So then the auto maker....(insert GM, Ford, Chrysler here) caves in to these bums and thenwhat do you know, the factory closes because it's not profitable. I find it funny that on one hand, America is proud of it's so called democracy and free enterprise....but when it comes to unions, they want a communist society. Corporations are not allowed to make money, they need to share it with the floor sweeper.

What I'm speaking of here is what happens in the Greater Toronto Area of Canada. We have automotive assembly plants all around us. Each year they threaten to close them.....each year the workers want more and more and more. I'm a fully qualified professional engineer yet I don't make the kind of money these dopes make on the line. That just isn't right. But I know this, when that plant closes and moves to Mexico...they only have themselves to blame. Oh, and good luck making that kind of money ever again. I doubt Jiffy Lube or Midas will pay you 75K for putting mufflers or wheels on cars.

Now, take Toyota and Honda....both have massive plants within 45mins of Toronto. Neither have unions....neither would ever let a union in their doors.....guess what? both companies are expanding production....building more plants in Ontario....know what else.....employees are paid well....but not over paid, but they are happy.

Don't get me started on couriers.....they are the next pieces of overpaid scum. A UPS driver in Canada makes more then a Paramedic.

Just telling you as it is.

:cents:
Sponsored Links
Can-AmForum.com is the premier Can-Am ATV, Can-Am Outlander, Can-Am Renegade Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #116
View rlcowder's Photo Gallery(0)
I worked for UPS. It sucked real bad. I wasn't worth the 65,000 a year. Too many injuries, overtime and nasty managers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 211-upsgirl.jpg (40.7 KB, 244 views)
Old 03-16-2006, 01:38 PM

Member #
View 's Photo Gallery()
thanks, now I have to go rub one out! :roflao:

Don't you just love that picture?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:22 PM

Member #328
View speeddrive1's Photo Gallery(0)
What can brown do for you? :tg:
Old 03-16-2006, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Member #65
View zac41's Photo Gallery(29)
You guys have sick perverted thoughts.........she's only trying to earn an honest living, and the company can't afford to give her uniforms that fit.
Team Outty 800 Member #4
Old 03-16-2006, 07:20 PM
The Enforcer

Member #180
View OSOKILL's Photo Gallery(481)
Yeah what zac said!!! poor girl .... umm someonetell her to turn around eh hee hee
Team Outty 800 Member #24
Silent souls make .308 holes
www.commanderforums.org
www.atvblog.net
Old 03-18-2006, 12:11 AM

Member #248
View DIRTBIKEMIKE's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via MSN to DIRTBIKEMIKE
not impressed with this thread.i do see where your coming from.but what about the teachers?why should they make what they do for the amount they work?i work in a non union lumber mill and i only have high school.does that make me a dope?why wouldnt i work there 25.00 dollars an hour with benefits?duh why not you would have too be stupid too not too.now i started at pulling lumber off the green chain i did this for 8 years straight .just try and pay min wage and see who shows up for that job.ever done hard labour?and i mean hard labour.ya so what if im not educated i think i made the smart move too work there.if it goes under then i can go too school when the time arises right?i dont have alot too say about unions either they do make everything cost way more.ever tried production line work?i now drive a offroad forklift taking the finished loads away with the same company been there 14 years now.had too give my two bits as i took great offence too being called a dope.cause if we where too chat i would say you would think diffferent of me.just cause i didnt go too a post secondary school doesnt mean im a dope.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:02 AM

Member #
View 's Photo Gallery()
My dope comment is in reference to the mindset of the unskilled labor working in auto assembly plants around the GTA. They are dopes because they are forcing the automakers to close plants because they demand unrealistic wages. That is my point. Sorry if you took offense. It takes every kind of people to make the world go round...(Marvin Gaye) I know that fact quite well. I just get sick and tired of hearing every other week in the news about another strike threat....and then listen to them bitch about plant closures...

sorry I offended so many out there
Old 03-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Administrator
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Member #2
View outlandish's Photo Gallery(211)
Well now that we are back on the subject, I have a couple things to say also. First I'm not a union man. I have worked a few union jobs in my life and really saw no better wages or working conditions than non union jobs of the same type. I have been a blue collar worker all my life and proud of that fact. I would have to guess that "99.9999%" of ATVERs are regular guys. Auto assembly workers? Yeah they make a lot of money but when I am plunking down 30 grand for a new truck, I don't want it put together by minimum wage employees. CAW might be different, I don't know. Oh yeah and the UPS guys. I don't know what they make but they always get my parts to me on time so I don't really care what they earn. Why not change careers if you are not happy with your wages? Hell I make very little right now but I chose that over the stress I had in my last job. I had a choice.I am a hell of a lot happier now than when I was making 30 grand morebut was stressed out everyday. We all have choices. my:cents:

Guess it took me too long to type this....tiggy beat me to it
Old 03-18-2006, 07:48 AM

Member #564
View runner's Photo Gallery(0)
Try working in the unionized aviation industry exactly the same, if not worse "mostly" everyone except the pilots and aircraft maintenance engineers are unskilled labour.

Baggage Handlers are making three dollars an hour less than what I make as a aircraft engineer endorsed on five heavy type of aircraft working for air canada. Once again thanks to the IAMAW that rules under a communist mentality. This could be a reason why we almost went bankrupt in 2004.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Off Topic and General Discussion > This Just Pisses Me Off

Search tags for this page
best jobs for the uneducated

best jobs for uneducated people

careers for the uneducated

careers for uneducated

careers for uneducated people

good paying jobs for the uneducated
high paying jobs for uneducated people
highest paid uneducated jobs
highest paying jobs for uneducated
list of rprofessions for the uneducated
menial jobs in canada
uneducated jobs
uneducated jobs that pay
uneducated jobs that pay well
whats best paying uneducated job
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.