Can-Am ATV Forum banner

ATV pull behind mower

10K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Deadman 
#1 ·
Does anybody use one of these? I'm thinking about getting a Swisher 44" Rough Cutter to use as a bush hog for my main deer hunting trail on my property.

#5 · (Edited)
Laugh !!!!
Check out this baby :th_smiliebanana2:

Didn't cost a dang dime & it mowed 5 acres , every other week for three years before I got my Wheel Horse for our drop spot .
This little piece of crap cut an astonishing amount of grass / weeds / brush . You can see how tall the stuff was next to it .

#7 ·
Laugh !!!!
Check out this baby :th_smiliebanana2:

Didn't cost a dang dime & it mowed 5 acres , every other week for three years before I got my Wheel Horse for our drop spot .
This little piece of crap cut an astonishing amount of grass / weeds / brush . You can see how tall the stuff was next to it .

I love it! I've actually got an old push mower like that. And I plan on doing the same! Great Idea!

#9 ·
Well I ended up buying a used Swisher 44" Rugged Cut mower. Rough cut. I picked it up a few weeks ago and can't wait to use it. It's got a 12.5 HP Briggs & Stratton motor.

#11 ·
I used my Swisher today. It's not quite time yet to see what it'll actually do, but there were some tall spots and it did well. I bush hogged about a mile long road, 12' wide, that cuts through my property.

#12 ·
Picked up the big DR tow behind (20hp) and it'll eat anything. This thing will eat 2" saplings and that's no joke. If it can knock it down it's chew it up. No regrets getting that beast.

I think my favorite feature is that you can set it up for offset mowing. That way you aren't driving in the sh!t the whole time. Cut a path, set the mower offset and stay in the knocked down weeds.

We purchased a acreage with brush so thick you don't want to walk through it. It's been doing a awesome job !!

#13 ·
That's awesome! For the price of a DR, it better be something special. My Swisher is a 12.5 HP and will cut up to 3" saplings. It can also be offset to either side. Very versatile.

#14 ·
I have a 5 Foot flail mower on the 3 point on my tractor and its so nice to be able to mow the roads and fields with. The 26HP Diesel's torque makes it a monster in the thick stuff! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.