Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Front Lock and Ride Cargo Box Dimensions

10K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Ace8422 
#1 ·
How big is the Polaris front Lock and Ride cargo box for the new XP Sportsmans ? I have checked all the parts catalogues, and the dimensions are not given anywhere. I am talking about the thin box that comes with the LE 850's.

Would the 4 gallon Rotopax fit inside it ?

34.5" wide x 13.25" deep x 3" tall

Thanks if anyone does not mind measuring one day. I have an offer on my 07 Dodge Mega 2500, so I may have some cash for a new 850, and I am already trying to see about packing more fuel for this thirsty bugger.

#3 ·
Yes, its a black on black Larime Cummins. Only 20000 miles. I have a Dakota V8 that is paid for, and is plenty capable of towing my 2 machines on my trailer.

I paid in full when I bought the 2500, and now I could use that money

#4 · (Edited)
Ern, the box only measures 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" deep in the middle, so the box isn't deep enough. The RotoPax won't fit. Another concern would be the "locks" have an upraised ridge all around to protect the plug from being "unlocked" by the cargo while riding. I didn't measure the height of the ridge but it is fairly tall.

#5 ·
I have the Rotopax tanks and the front storage box, they won't even come close to fitting inside, I tried it, right before I mounted the brackets to the top of the lid of my front box.

I figure the only time I will really need the front box is on long rides, which so happpens thats also the only time I need to pack fuel as well. So when I don't need the fuel or the box, I just pop the whole thing off and put the front rack back on . Gotta love that lock and ride stuff, the whole switch from long range Cruiser, to sporty 4x4 takes all of about 2 minutes to pop both front and rear boxes off and pop on the front rack, then its ready to go.

#6 ·
CC1999 - Could you post some pictures with your fuelk pack mounted? That is the idea I had.

#7 ·
I think I have a couple still in my camera from our last ride. I will take a look and see.

#8 · (Edited)
Here is the only picture I could find of it with the Rotopax tanks on it. You can also see how we setup the Rotopax tanks on the 800R in this pic as well.

Attachments

#9 ·
Thats what I was looking for. Thanks.

#11 ·
I think I looked at that, but on my box it was going to be pretty tricky and I was a little concerned about hanging that much wait that far back on the quad. I was thinking for safty that the front rack would be the best location. I think the rear box lid might work if I needed more tanks. I should mention my rear box is not the one for the XP, its the one off the regular sportsman. Both vresions fit perffect, but I like the backrest setup on the older version a lot better. I thing the older box is also maybe a little larger inside as well.

#12 ·

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.