Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2016 Outlander l 570 performance mods.

32K views 60 replies 14 participants last post by  Mud man34 
#1 ·
Hey guys wanted to start this thread before all my stuff shows up to get some opinions. Order an rjwc slip on and the rjwc optimizer for the ride a couple weeks ago should be here next week. Super stoked! Also order a cv tech yesterday from atv tires Canada. I did some research on this forum and the web in general trying to learn all I can about these clutches. After talkin to Phil at atv tires canada he is sending me a set up for a 650. He called cv tech and this is what they suggested. Now I'm still a little fuzzy on the terminology. So I assume I'll have to do some fine tuning to get this clutch just right but what does shift out mean? And what is the optimal shift out? Also wondering if I should install the clutch first and get it dialed in before the exhaust. Or should I do it the other way around. Will the optimizer make a huge difference on any of these factors? I should mention also that I have a red secondary spring from epi. You guys think this set up will work or an I askin for trouble.
What u guys think?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
CVTech is a great clutch I've put a bunch on the 570's but trusting cvtech on setup is not the best option. They have always been wrong when it came to different size tires.
Shift out is where the clutch hangs the rpms when you gun it from about 10mph roll. I usually do the tuning in low unless the customer wants it done otherwise. Most people here are running big tires and want to run low any way when they need it.
Good luck on setting shift out without a RPM readout. You will need an external tach or another way to read rpm.... the PCV will do this.

#7 ·
Main reason was I wanted something I could pay cash for and not break the bank. And secondly I am fairly new to the 4 wheeler scene and I figured if I ended up liking it this would be a good machine for the wife. But I see your point. If I could do it all over I probably would buy a bigger machine. But for now this is what I got and I want it run to its full potential.

#9 ·
sound like you needed to buy the 800 or 1000...lol

#11 ·
lol...all that modding sounds like its gonna cost a pretty penny!!!! ****, throw some tires on it, a gates belt, and a uni air filter and run the piss out of it.

:th_smiliethumbsup:

#12 ·
Uni on its way two days ago and ordering a gates belt Monday. Sounds like u read my mind. Lol. Worst part is the wait. Exhaust came from Sweden to Texas then to me and clutch from Canada. All I wanna do is go for a rip there bud. Lol

#13 ·
awesome!!!

#14 ·
may want to put some kind of a filter on your cvt intake, there is alot of **** that gets in there, us poor outlander L owners don't get one stock. heres mine and its not clamped or anything,just sitting on top. there are pre-filters for it also

Attachments

#18 ·
yep...leave it wide open so your clutches get all gummed up and grind all that stuff up with your belt and sheaves. add a little water and then the fun gets even better.

and by the way...the one way bearing just loves the dirt and grit also and i hear thats a blast to get to and lubricate or replace. i will keep my stupid filter on...thanks

#19 ·
that was 2 rides mungerthug!!!

#22 ·
I ride in the bush, trails, mud, dirt, gravel...whatever. I've been doing my own maintenance on CVT transmissions for many years and never seen any need for a filter or witnessed any abnormal wear from dust, grass, seeds, twigs or the like going through a CVT. The only abnormal damage is from water/mud or if a hard object goes through the sheaves....a rock would do it, but I have never seen this....usually damage is from part of the CVT itself like a nut or bolt from improper maintenance.

CVTs have been around for years without filters. I think BRP only started sticking that little frogskin mesh over the CVT intakes in 2010 or so....

#23 ·
Whenever my cvt box feels warm it's because that friggin filter is plugged with nature. Take it off and it runs cooler.

Life feels like that final exam I didn't study for.

#24 ·
yes..they have been around for years without filters but they dont usually stick up like a black hole sucking everything in. shitty can-am engineering. any cvt quad i have had has the intake tucked away nicely or at least not pointing straight up in the fricking air.

its the worse setup i have ever seen and its beggin for some kind of screen/filter.
i have a laser thermometer and took temps on the belt housing with my shitty filter on and without it.......no difference in temperature.

#25 ·
foam is probably not that bad, but I can tell you for sure that the Frogskin-type water proof screen stuff restricts airflow about 25%.

#30 ·
where did you get that cvt filter, PN?

we get all kinds of seeds and snow(cottonwood) in the spring in my rad, i would rather have something i could just wipe off quick that have that in the clutch and stuff. these have grease like the yamahas, have to clean my rhino clutch all the time because the grease traps the crap.

they have had cvts forever but one like the kawis have no grease and the intake is under the seat so it doesnt get any of that in there in the first place

#31 ·
I strongly advise against running a screen on the cvt intake during the summer. The cvt should and does blow all that stuff through.
I'm dead serious. Save your cash.
I just rode the Paiute trail, Moab and Breckenridge with no screen. The dust and crap in Moab and Paiute was unbearable. I wound up buying a dust mask for me to wear. The cvt had no problem.

The only screen I run is in the winter with tracks. The snow melts and causes slipping.
If you have stuff getting caught in grease in the clutch, you have too much grease. It takes very little isoflex to do the job.

#33 ·
any grease what the factory puts in the one way bearing on these is going to attract dust and belt dust and keep it there, that what will make them wear out. add to that the seeds and cottonwood crap we have all that stuff is going to get ground up and stuck to stuff it shouldnt be in there. would rather have something catch it even if i have to clean it after every ride. its the same as the rad, i have had to clean my rad every long trip since i have had liquid cooled machines. been once every week or two for a few decades. doesnt seem like that big a deal to wipe the thing off when you look it over for damage and pull one of the covers off to clean the rad. i leave two push fasteners in that seems to hold fine without noise.

Reactions: skeeter69392
#35 ·
My main concern was that as that filter catchs all that stuff it will knock down your air flow. And heat is a killer for belts and one ways. With my cvtech primary it has 1/4 of the mechanical parts as a stock primary. So no lube except on one way.

#36 ·
Stock only has lube in the one way as well.
I've never seen t crapped up with stuff either. Never.

#38 · (Edited)
I cvtech clutches on another machine. They hate dust. After on weekend of riding I was out one helix and hours cleaning out all the dust. My old 400 with the BRP clutches faired better, but was still very dirty and the one way was shot. I will be adding a filter to my 570L. It is very easy to clean it off by pulling the pod off. You won't be able to find the part numbers under the 570, but after some digging , here they are.
Cone type
Filter 707001130
Filter base 707001171
Clamp, base might snap on

Closer match to the drawing
Filter 707001786
Intake 707001864
Clamp 293650240

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.