1000R lean? - Can-Am ATV Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 02-25-2017, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

1000R lean?

new bike just purchased and exhaust really hot and almost melting plastics. also when it gets hot, does not want to start... kinda like the battery is dead, cools down starts right up.. anyone having these issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 07:14 AM

Thank the EPA and your politicians for that!

Renegade 1000 X XC, Full Muzzys Exhaust, Flexx Bars, Ricochet A arm skids Hayden Fan Mod!
post #3 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 08:22 AM

Put a Hayden fan controller on it. My controller quit the other day and the fan didn't come on until 208F. I replaced it and the quad ran an average of 170F and I only saw a couple times it went up to 195F Max.

I also love my AFR+. I have stock muffler and I noticed the power difference with the added fuel. You set the AFR you want and ride it.

2011 Outty 800XXC
Dobeck AFR+, Hayden fan controller, QSC Rev-X primary/STM secondary, TORQ Locker
26x9 Kenda Bearclaw HTR on No Limit Octane custom wheels
Powermadd hand guards, RotopaX 4 gallon, Symtec heated grips, Homemade UHMW skid
Tatou 4S tracks with SpeedoHealer and Klim winter gear

My YouTube page
(mostly unedited track rides)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

fan comes on sooner then any other outlander ive had. dont think the fan is the issue. its the exhaust and heat soak. im more concerned with the battery draining down.
post #5 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 01:47 PM

Like Deadman said, the EPA mandates emissions and the easiest way to pass is to run lean. It is common knowledge they run lean. Lean=excessive heat.
I don't know what temp the 1000 is set for the fan to come on, but the manual says the G1 800 is set to come on at 210F. Mine confirmed that when my fan controller quit working and it came on at 208F according to the temp gauge I have installed. I have mine set to come on at about 175F and I don't feel the heat anymore.

As long as the engine is running, the battery will not lose charge unless it is failing or you are using a winch too much. (Like I did yesterday and barely got it to start. I was afraid we were going to have to pull 2 winch wires and jump start it!) The stator puts out more than enough voltage and the rectifier/regulator dissipates the excess as heat.

2011 Outty 800XXC
Dobeck AFR+, Hayden fan controller, QSC Rev-X primary/STM secondary, TORQ Locker
26x9 Kenda Bearclaw HTR on No Limit Octane custom wheels
Powermadd hand guards, RotopaX 4 gallon, Symtec heated grips, Homemade UHMW skid
Tatou 4S tracks with SpeedoHealer and Klim winter gear

My YouTube page
(mostly unedited track rides)
post #6 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 01:47 PM

Until you re-tune it, its gonna be a nuclear reactor. They run stupid lean from the factory so they can sell them in California and such with these new EPA regs. Give Trump a few years and we will have carburetors back on these beasts! lol

Renegade 1000 X XC, Full Muzzys Exhaust, Flexx Bars, Ricochet A arm skids Hayden Fan Mod!
post #7 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Well was curious if people were having same issues with the 1000R motor vs the 1000... I've had 7 other canam and I know these things run hot for emissions to clear. But to pull right out the crate and the R motor lean issues at idle and slow riding is ridiculous. Time to dump this for just the 1000 motor.
post #8 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell View Post
Well was curious if people were having same issues with the 1000R motor vs the 1000... I've had 7 other canam and I know these things run hot for emissions to clear. But to pull right out the crate and the R motor lean issues at idle and slow riding is ridiculous. Time to dump this for just the 1000 motor.
WTF are you talking about? The non R 1000 is just as lean

Just add a fuel tuner or get the ECU reflashed. Its simple stuff, don't go selling anything until you do some research on how EASY this lean condition is to fix.

Rant over…….sorry! lol

post #9 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
Quote:

Just add a fuel tuner or get the ECU reflashed. Its simple stuff, don't go selling anything until you do some research on how EASY this lean condition is to fix.

Rant over…….sorry! lol
right! simple stuff? the 1000 didnt need this, now the 1000R i need to get "extras" to be normal like my 2015 1000. makes sense. but thanks for your "rant" and caps for a simple conversation.
post #10 of 31 Old 02-26-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
Quote:

Rant over…….sorry! lol
right! simple stuff? the 1000 didnt need this, now the 1000R i need to get "extras" to be normal like my 2015 1000. makes sense. but thanks for your "rant" and caps for a simple conversation.
The 1000 was also lean as heck, you just didn't notice it.
The 1000R makes more power, so its gonna make more heat too. Do you notice none of the 400 guys are on here complaining about heat?

You can buy a tuner for probably $300 (guessing) and take care of it……
Or you can have your ECU reflashed for $500, but i personal think thats overpriced.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am 2016 Models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode