2018 Yamaha Grizzly EPS LE vs. Can-Am Outlander North Edition 650: By the Numbers - Can-Am ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-30-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

2018 Yamaha Grizzly EPS LE vs. Can-Am Outlander North Edition 650: By the Numbers

Both the 2018 Yamaha Grizzly EPS LE and Can-Am Outlander North Edition 650 are built for cold-weather climates. Letís see how they stack up.

For those of us lucky enough to live in the northern reaches of the continent, cold, winter weather is creeping in to every forecast. That means itís time to add a few layers and try to stay at least a little warm while we go about our daily lives. Just because the mercury is dropping, that doesnít mean the fun stops. Both Yamaha and Can-Am make special editions of their popular ATVs that are designed just for cold weather activities. The 2018 Yamaha Grizzly EPS LE and the Can-Am Outlander North Edition 650 are ready to turn up the heat this winter and let you enjoy some off-road fun.

Check it out here: 2018 Yamaha Grizzly EPS LE vs. Can-Am Outlander North Edition 650

Have a site or account issue? Post here: https://www.can-amforum.com/forums/c...ssues-support/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-27-2018, 01:42 PM

So I'm looking to see if anyone is experiencing the same or come up with alternate solutions... I live in northern MI and the atv I have is perfect except for 3 months out of the year (June-Aug), I can't ride it because the heat coming off is unbearable because of all the plastic meant to keep the heat in on cold weather rides. Any solutions out there?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2019, 05:04 PM

Garage
I can tell you the North Edition Can Am 650's come with the heavy duty (6x6 style) trans with extra-low low-range gears, the 850 does as well. Which means its well suited to bigger tires, plowing, mud, and better then average belt life in abusive situations or compared to other Can Am's. Package wise the they are very similar, except for price the Yamaha is almost as much as the 850 version $10,899 vs a EPS LE Grizzly at $10,699. On Can Am's web site the 650 NE starts at $10,299, as far as power the 650 will clobber the 700, I have seen the crushing defeat a 570 XT gave a 700 grizzly firsthand in a 300 foot race, let alone the 650 or 850. The Can am also comes with better foot pegs standard, but the Griz has a heated seat standard. The base winch is more heavy duty on the Can Am at 3000lbs vs 2500lbs. Both have 14" rims and some variant of 27" ITP tires. ground clearance goes to Griz with 11.3 vs 11 for Canned Ham. So which is better, for my money I'd still ride Can Am unless Yamaha gets smart and shoves an 850 in the Griz next year lol. As far as heat between the legs thats an issue with both machines so...

Every once in a while you gotta free the beast

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-AmForum.com > Can-Am ATV & Forum News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode