New to me HD10 cab - Can-Am ATV Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-11-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

New to me HD10 cab

Hi I just got a new to me 2017 HD10 cab. I have a few questions for you gentlemen. I would like to have a couple side mirrors but not sure what to look for since I have the cab? what are you guys running for side mirrors. also one of the little vents (louvers) for heat near your knee has broken is there any good replacement for these? Last thing maybe silly but I was thinking of getting a remote starter put on it anyone try this?
Thanks for any info.
Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-12-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap48379 View Post
Hi I just got a new to me 2017 HD10 cab. I have a few questions for you gentlemen. I would like to have a couple side mirrors but not sure what to look for since I have the cab? what are you guys running for side mirrors. also one of the little vents (louvers) for heat near your knee has broken is there any good replacement for these? Last thing maybe silly but I was thinking of getting a remote starter put on it anyone try this?
Thanks for any info.
Al
For mirrors you may be limited to two options. Their is oem mirrors which I believe you drill a hole in the door to install the oem mirror. Trouble is the oem mirrors are pricey (about $100 a piece). Other possible option is to go with Seizmik mirrors. Their is a Pro-Fit cage option, but I see people remove the Pro-Fit clamp section and bolt the base directly to the machine. In your case with the cab, you could probably drill the hole in the door just like you have to do with the oem mirrors. Seizmik offers three different style mirrors that may work in this manner and they come with a lifetime warranty.

http://instructions.brp.com/content/...mber=715002459
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seizmik Mirror.JPG (36.9 KB, 8 views)

- 2018 CanAm Defender Max DPS/XT Hybrid HD8
- 1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV

Last edited by out west; 04-12-2019 at 07:39 AM.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-12-2019, 09:53 AM

Congratulations on the find!

I am planning to add remote start as well. The key isn't chipped, so any quality remote start kit should work.

Have you looked through Partszilla OEM parts screen to see if that vent is available?
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ca...abin-enclosure

I have the stock mirrors. What I like about them is the detent that allows the mirror to flip forward or back, when getting too close to trees. The mirror ball is pretty tight, so the adjustment seems to stay pretty firm.

I just get out, flip the mirror back into position, and aim for the next tree...
There is slop in the detent on both of my mirrors. So I need to disassemble and check what is causing that.

BTW: Pictures or it never happened... lol

Scott
2019 Defender HD8 DPS
360 LT tracks, Soft cab, Glass windshield with wiper/washer, heater, Radiator winter cover, Fender extenders, Bed rack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-13-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Awesome, thanks for the link I got the part numbers I needed. As far as mirrors I will look into the OEM since your happy with them.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-13-2019, 01:46 PM
AZ8

I added the OEM side mirrors. They are nice and well built, but Iím starting to have second thoughts.

My main concern is while driving where the sight line on the passenger side mirror sucks. The drivers side is ok, but I canít adjust the passenger side enough to see correctly. Basically it just wonít adjust ďinĒ enough, if that makes sense. So when Iím driving and look out that window, I donít see the trail, machine or anyone behind me at all....just empty landscape...lol. I want it to act just like my truck/car mirror where I can see the road and the vehicle at the same time. I have it adjusted all the way in, but itís still not enough.

Iím going to play around with it and see if I can do a mod. Itís almost like it needs a wedge type adapter against the door so the sight line to the driver is more direct and allows more adjustment.

2017 Defender HD8
post #6 of 12 Old 04-13-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
I added the OEM side mirrors. They are nice and well built, but Iím starting to have second thoughts.

My main concern is while driving where the sight line on the passenger side mirror sucks. The drivers side is ok, but I canít adjust the passenger side enough to see correctly. Basically it just wonít adjust ďinĒ enough, if that makes sense. So when Iím driving and look out that window, I donít see the trail, machine or anyone behind me at all....just empty landscape...lol. I want it to act just like my truck/car mirror where I can see the road and the vehicle at the same time. I have it adjusted all the way in, but itís still not enough.

Iím going to play around with it and see if I can do a mod. Itís almost like it needs a wedge type adapter against the door so the sight line to the driver is more direct and allows more adjustment.

Hmmm, now I'm wondering if mine are OEM. Because I have good sight lines down both sides.

Here is a picture, just in case, what I think are OEM, aren't.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg In-the-Driveway.jpg (370.5 KB, 10 views)

Scott
2019 Defender HD8 DPS
360 LT tracks, Soft cab, Glass windshield with wiper/washer, heater, Radiator winter cover, Fender extenders, Bed rack
post #7 of 12 Old 04-13-2019, 03:35 PM
AZ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheath View Post

I just get out, flip the mirror back into position, and aim for the next tree...
There is slop in the detent on both of my mirrors. So I need to disassemble and check what is causing that.
Hey sheath, thereís a simple fix for that slop. Take the mirror apart and you will see a small 1 inch square plastic spacer with four bumps(those bumps control the breakaway function) that sits in the mirror cavity. It sits loose in the housing, thatís why there is play in the mirror. Clean both with alcohol and super glue the small square piece in, with the four bumps facing up so you donít screw up the breakaway feature. Super easy fix and the mirror will be solid with no slop!

2017 Defender HD8
post #8 of 12 Old 04-13-2019, 03:36 PM
AZ8

Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm, now I'm wondering if mine are OEM. Because I have good sight lines down both sides.

Yes, those are the OEM mirrors.....wonder why my passenger side sucks with the sight line....

2017 Defender HD8
post #9 of 12 Old 04-13-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, those are the OEM mirrors.....wonder why my passenger side sucks with the sight line....

I'll be back up to the cabin in a few weeks. I'll see if I can get a good picture from the driver's seat of the sight line for that mirror.
I wonder if they mount slightly different on the soft doors, compared to hard doors. Maybe I can take a yard stick to lay down the side of the door, to get an idea of the mounting angle.

I'll get a couple of pictures of this. To see if that might help you out.

Thanks for the input on fixing the slop. I'll take your advice. It's fun to tinker with this kind of stuff.
AZ8 likes this.

Scott
2019 Defender HD8 DPS
The Following User Says Thank You to sheath For This Useful Post:
AZ8 (04-13-2019)
post #10 of 12 Old 04-13-2019, 03:54 PM
AZ8

Okay. So after looking at sheathís picture, I went back and read the instructions. It appears there are different installs depending if you have full or half doors. I have half doors.

The full doors require the mirror support, and the half door install does not. Looking at sheathís picture itís obvious that the mirror support up against the door gives you more mirror adjustment. I still have the supports in the box. Maybe I can make them work with the half doors. Stay tuned.
sheath likes this.

2017 Defender HD8

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Defender

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode