Dealer vs Factory - Can-Am ATV Forum
 5Likes
  • 5 Post By Chief...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-19-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Dealer vs Factory

Does anybody know if the factory or the dealer is responsible for adding the fluids (oil, front diff, etc.) for a new purchased sxs? After 150 miles, front diff started grinding. Checked front diff and oil was pretty low. Took it to different dealer than
where I purchased it and they said dealer adds the fluids for a new purchase. Not sure what will happen if diff is fried & BRP
disputes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-19-2018, 07:54 PM

Garage
Really??? I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you on that. While a prudent purchaser could check things like that, how about a person who has no mechanical abilities (i.e. a young girl who decides she wants to buy a new car). Should she crawl under and check the diff fluids (hell did you when you bought a new car, cause I sure don't). The dealer charges setup fees for that and it is their responsibility.

2015 Outlander 1000 6x6 XT
2012 Outlander 1000XT (Sold)
2004 Honda Rincon (Sold)

Last edited by Chief...; 10-19-2018 at 07:59 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-20-2018, 04:48 AM

Garage
i would hardly think checking diff levels is part of a pre ride inspection on a brand new vehicle. can am should cover that since its such low miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-21-2018, 11:32 AM

Garage
The dealer will be refused due to oil level low causing problem,the dealer will most likely NOT take responsibility and pass the buck saying BRP will not cover it,never saying why or that it is there own fault...Its crap like this that makes me wonder how much is BRP's fault and how much is a bad dealers fault. We all love to blame BRP...Best scenario is dealer says it just failed and oil was good and clean and they cover it...Good luck,and lesson learned to never trust anything as been done by anybody else...Sad but real...!!!!

LIVING LIFE...CAUSE NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE...

post #5 of 7 Old 04-13-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp413 View Post
i would hardly think checking diff levels is part of a pre ride inspection on a brand new vehicle. can am should cover that since its such low miles.
I have to totally agree, I would never think of checking all fluid levels before driving a new vehicle away from the dealer. That would be most certainly the dealers responsibility.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-13-2019, 04:53 PM

Garage
Is PDI not an included fee when you buy a new ATV? I see it listed on most online listings and that is supposed to be a check for cosmetic or mechanical issues before customer delivery. You would think fluid checks is a part of that...

2012 Outlander XT 1000 Magnesium Silver
29.5" Outlaw 2s on 14" ITP SS212s, Dalton Clutch Kit & B/V Sec. Spring, Snorkels, Rad Relocate w/ Fan Override Switch, HMF Swamp XL, 1.5" Spring Spacers, Billet Knuckle Shifter and Gas Cap
post #7 of 7 Old 04-14-2019, 01:59 AM

Garage
Hmmmmm, this is the 1st time I've seen this happen, I was responding in my earlier post here to someone's post that told Okie Dokie that it was his responsibility and not the dealers, and to stop whining, but now somehow that post has been completely deleted. I didn't know that you could do that.

Edit: But now I see that you can, it's in the edit box, and it gives you the option of deleting the post, just never noticed it before.

2015 Outlander 1000 6x6 XT
2012 Outlander 1000XT (Sold)
2004 Honda Rincon (Sold)

Last edited by Chief...; 04-14-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Maverick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode