Little nervous - Can-Am ATV Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-11-2019, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Little nervous

Hey guys, I'm sure as a newbie I'm driving you all nuts by now. Question, I'm looking to go pick up an 850 Outlander max North edition on Monday. My concerns have to do with the heat off these machines, will I even be able to enjoy it this summer? I'm not a mud runner, just a casual trail rider. Is there anything I can have the dealer do to help with the heat, before I pick it up? Anything else i should have dealer add, I'm close to the dealer, so if it takes a couple extra days to get it ready I'm fine with that.
Thank you all for taking the time to address my concerns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-12-2019, 05:51 PM

I had a 2016 850 xt and never had an issue with it...nothing!!!
post #3 of 16 Old 05-12-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jledrider View Post
Hey guys, I'm sure as a newbie I'm driving you all nuts by now. Question, I'm looking to go pick up an 850 Outlander max North edition on Monday. My concerns have to do with the heat off these machines, will I even be able to enjoy it this summer? I'm not a mud runner, just a casual trail rider. Is there anything I can have the dealer do to help with the heat, before I pick it up? Anything else i should have dealer add, I'm close to the dealer, so if it takes a couple extra days to get it ready I'm fine with that.
What are you worried about? Only time you'll have issues with heat are if the radiator is clogged with mud or if you live in a very hot area which I assume you do not if you're ordering a north edition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-12-2019, 07:18 PM

My 570 throws off lots of heat

2017 Can-Am Outlander 570DPS

2001 Ski Doo MXZ 700
post #5 of 16 Old 05-13-2019, 04:52 AM

Garage
get a tune, and wear some pants.. i rode my 650 in 60* weather and 40* weather and never had a warm leg issue.. will hopefully be doing some warmer riding here soon, but i also ride in blue jeans regardless of temp. outside

2018 Outlander Max XT 650
post #6 of 16 Old 05-13-2019, 01:13 PM

New machines are reportedly running borderline lean, which is not only dangerous for the engine in the long run, but the extra heat is melting plastic parts all around the pipes. And it becomes worse if you add even the Yoshi accessory slip-on with the spark arrestor in place, which supposedly doesn't need tuning, but it really does, according to this forum. I definitely plan on a slip-on (debating which one), so will bite the bullet and either install a fuel controller or do an ECU tune. I'm leaning on the former, to avoid messing with the ECU, especially during warranty, since I'll choose the 2-yr warranty. I'll also add header wrap, and maybe even insulation on the known panels to melt. Better safe than sorry, in this case. Hopefully fuel range will still be adequate after the fuel controller. Good luck.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-13-2019, 02:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elptxjc View Post
New machines are reportedly running borderline lean, which is not only dangerous for the engine in the long run, but the extra heat is melting plastic parts all around the pipes. And it becomes worse if you add even the Yoshi accessory slip-on with the spark arrestor in place, which supposedly doesn't need tuning, but it really does, according to this forum. I definitely plan on a slip-on (debating which one), so will bite the bullet and either install a fuel controller or do an ECU tune. I'm leaning on the former, to avoid messing with the ECU, especially during warranty, since I'll choose the 2-yr warranty. I'll also add header wrap, and maybe even insulation on the known panels to melt. Better safe than sorry, in this case. Hopefully fuel range will still be adequate after the fuel controller. Good luck.

I have a yoshi and got a monster FI tune. Ive only taken it for 1 30mile ride. I am planning a ride this weekend. Will reply back with more info when I can.

I just installed the snorkel too. This adds (I had already added) the under exhaust header shield (comes on the XMR). I also put a bunch of heat tape/mat on the inside of both cowlings, and on the CVT intake and exhaust snorkel parts. I slightly bent the front of the left header heat shield out so it could suck just a little bit more air in....

2017 Outlander 850 XT
- CVTech Primary
- Monster FI ECU Flash
- Can Am snorkel

- Yoshi Slip on
- Fox podiums
- 28" Mega Mayhems on 14" Diesels
post #8 of 16 Old 05-13-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Purelybarbed let me know how it goes after the tune, I would at least like to get that done.
purelybarbed likes this.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-13-2019, 07:50 PM

So did you buy it today?
post #10 of 16 Old 05-15-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jledrider View Post
I ride in the Utah desert on a 650 max in 95 degree heat all summer on sand and mud flats. Just kick the hot leg out, your head down, press the throttle! The breeze is fantastic! 😀

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode