New To Me Outlander 1000 XT-P, Power Commander V - Can-Am ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-13-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

New To Me Outlander 1000 XT-P, Power Commander V

Okay, so I just bought a used 2017 Outlander 1000 XT-P from our local dealer. The ATV has just under 3k on the clock and is in excellent condition. It is obvious the previous owner took care of it. The only thing I felt I needed to do to it was replace the tires as they did show moderate rock rash and wear. We took it out to the desert this past weekend for a ride, and I will say it ran and rode flawlessly. The only thing I needed to do on the run was turn the shocks down from 3 to 2 as it was just too stiff on the trail for our liking.

When we got home, I was cleaning it and removed the seats to clean that area and found a Dynojet Power Commander V fuel injection module had been installed by presumably the previous owner. I doubt the selling dealer installed it, unless it was requested by the previous owner. They were the original selling dealer. Now I have no idea how this module was programmed and am wondering where I should be going with this. Since the ATV ran great should I just leave it as is? Should I have the dealer remove it? I will be contacting them to at least let them know I found it because the ATV did come with the remainder of an extended warranty (through June 2020) and I don't want any surprises should a warranty issue come up. Thoughts?

John

Last edited by VegasNaturist; 05-13-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-13-2019, 06:25 PM

Garage
If it is programmed correctly then having a PCV is a big plus in that it will have your machine running richer which means the engine will be cooler and you will have more power than if it wasn’t on there...leave it but I would want to find out what program is on it,

2015 Outlander XMR 1000
BRP Extreme Bumper
BRP Trunk
BRP Passenger Seat
Ricochet Skids (Black Anodized)
Full Muzzy Dual Exhaust
Power Commander V

VForceJohn Tune
Race Driven Brake Pads
Fan Mod
Wetsounds 10" Stealth Sound Bar
MR RPM Valve Covers
Mud N Wheels Rear Drive Shaft
post #3 of 7 Old 05-13-2019, 06:31 PM

If the pcv programmer is like my hmf it’s plug and play and it takes no time to take off if you had problems with your quad and needed to bring it in for warranty work. But like the other person said find out what the settings are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-14-2019, 08:05 AM

If your machine ran good I wouldn’t mess with it. I run them on all of my machines but have them hooked up along with the auto tune. They also have been dyno’d and tweaked a bit more even though I do have the auto tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 Outlander Max 1000 Limited
BRP snorkel kit
BRP radiator relocation kit
Muzzy dual exhaust
Dynojet Power Programmer 5
Opt-7 14" Led light bar
Tricled halo rings
Blue Led tail lights
Can Am 60" Alpine Flex plow

2017 Outlander Max 1000R Limited
BRP Snorkel kit
BRP radiator relocation kit
RJWC dual split exhaust
Dynojet Power Programmer 5
Tricled halo rings
Blue Led tail lights
Opt-7 14: Led light bar
Can-Am 60" Alpine Flex plow
post #5 of 7 Old 05-14-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your feedback guys, I do appreciate it! The ATV also has the Can-Am Yoshimura slip-on exhaust upgrade. At first, I thought perhaps the PO installed the tuner for the exhaust, but Can Am's website states it's not required with the upgraded exhaust. I'm guessing here but he may have just wanted a tune for better performance. Like I said, it runs great so I'm inclined to just leave it alone. I'll still mention it to the dealer (Pro Shop Motorsports in Henderson NV, good people) for my own comfort.

John
post #6 of 7 Old 05-14-2019, 12:24 PM

Garage
even though canam says that pipe is a slip on and doesn't need a tuner.. it does.. it makes the machine run even more lean. i am sure the previous owner knew this and added the PCV on there to accommodate for the machine running lean.

2018 Outlander Max XT 650
post #7 of 7 Old 05-14-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

I would agree Hunting. He seemed to spare no expense with the machine, the thing has all the available accessories.

John

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Can-Am ATV Discussion > Can-Am Outlander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode