Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got my muzzy duals and twin air filter for 1000.

5K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Monsterbloodtrail 
#1 ·
Well im on call this weekend so im going to try and install the works in between calls. Ill post a video sound clip when im done. Dont want to run it to much without pcv.

#4 ·
Got the stock system off with ease other then one of the exhaust header bolts threaded out rather then nut loosening. Not a big deal thow. Does anyone no the name of that high temp style of sealent that you can use on exhaust systems? I want to put some of that on stock gasgets so I don't get any leak with new system.

#5 ·
I had 3 header bolts thread out. I've never used anything on the gaskets so can't help there. I'm not saying you have to do this but I used some titanium wrap on parts of the header that were near touching things like your cvt breather on the inlet side. I didn't want any unnecessary heat build up inside my clutch housing. Just an idea that wrap smokes for 15 minutes or so the first time.

#6 ·
Were u missing a d loop to hook the spring onto? I'm missing the one that the two mid sections join with. Had all others. So I'll be using 4 instead of 5 springs. Also the two outlets that join to two mufflers are to close together. Out by about 3/8s of an inch. Going to heat up welds and try to force them apart a little bit..

#7 ·
You have 3 loops 2 on the front side and 1 on the back side. 2 springs go on the one loop. Are you sure the outlets are to close? Mine fit perfectly. I used WD-40 on all joints so I could slide them around. Take that center piece off and align it with the Mufflers to double check. Make sure you use the measurements they gave on the canister brackets.
I didn't use the 2 rear springs on the muffler cans they were hard to get on and I really didn't see a purpose because everything was mounted solid.

#9 ·
Ya im positive they were two close. I removed the rear mid peice and tried inserting into mufflers that way and no way they were going in. I found a peice of pipe with a rubber coating and i forced it between the pipes and heated with torch. Worked perfectly! They slide in awesome now. When there weld cooled it must have moved a little bit.

On the springs i got the front two into that one loop with ease. In the very back i got them two springs from the muffler to pipes on with ease. My issue was where the instructions say to put a spring on between the front mid peice and rear mid peice. I am missing one of the loops. Im thinking maybe they quit putting this on because it is no needed at all. It is rock solid without it. This system is built so you could run it with no springs once all the bolts are tightned. Awesome job muzzy! Outty1000 a little tip for putting these springs on. Use light gage wire and fold it in half and stick one end of spring in loop and other half of spring in your fold. You can weave that wire to where ever you got to go with spring like nothing. Works awesome! Done this many times!
Can you check to see how much bolt is sticking out past your nuts on header studs. I have about a 1/8th of an inch or a little more. Stock set up i think had more sticking out.
Now for sound. This is one of the best sounding systems i have ever heard! My phone died so i never got a video. I will take one tomorrow after i get back from my first call out. I am not taking it for a rip until i get my programmer on. ITs torture!

#10 ·
The peice second from the bottom (right side of peice) on your picture is missing the same loop that mine is. The instructions show one on this peice. I think they quit putting it on because its not needed.

#13 ·
Yip you bet. My hmfs had something similar as well. So pumped to get the pcv!

#14 ·
How is the power difference with your set up compared to stock? Is there a spot in particular that you can really feel a difference? Like low end ,mid range, top end power. Your using the digitune right?

#16 ·
From what ive read you can get more gain out of a good tune over auto tune. I have not ever used auto tune thow so i cannot say for sure. I thought about getting it instead of a dyno tune.

#17 ·
Oh have you tried to open rear storage box? My lid hits the end cap. Not by much but a tiny bit. May trim it a bit.

#18 ·
Could be, I'll also try a dyno tune map. VFJ is going to give them out free if you bought through him. Haven't tried the rear storage box door yet.

#20 ·
Ya im not to worried about door either.

#21 ·
Here is my crappy video. It was late and my phone was just about dead. Ill get a better one sunday..

#22 ·
Sounds awesome, I assume that is without the quite cores??

#23 ·
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.