Kinda makes you feel like a kid at Christmas

Bikeless for the moment

TOTALED
2014 Outty 800 XTP
27"Bearclaw HTR's, Meloche fan controller,

Ricochet skids,Uni filter, Race-driven brakes,
G/P bushings all around....

SOLD,2012 Outty 800 XT Black on Black,

Ride hard not stupid, get out of stupids way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 835 Old 07-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

How are the tuners coming along??

2010 Outlander 800R Camo SOLD

2012 Outlander 1000xt

Airdam primary
Ricochet skid plates
Elka stage 3 shocks
Xmr stealth snorkel set up
Douglas diablo bead locks
27 inch maxxis zilla
BRP heated grips
Twin air
Garmin oregan 450
post #23 of 835 Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

flash Tuners and atv turbo kits are in the works as well.

www.vforcejohn.com (570)-773-1240 Slipon and Full system Pipes, FI tuners, Clutching, Custom Dynojet Dyno tuning for all setups. email [email protected]
The Following User Says Thank You to VFORCEJOHN For This Useful Post:
The DUKE (07-23-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 835 Old 07-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

John, are you making the outer diameter of the primary larger than stock so that you can drive the belt faster?
post #25 of 835 Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 PM

I'm very interested to say the least.

2013 Yellow now CAMO wrapped Outlander 1000 XT
28" Zilla's with ITP Machined 212's
29.5" OL2's on 14' M16
High Lifter Signature Series 1 1/2" lift kit
QSC GEN II Primary
Full Black Dual Muzzy Exhaust and Digituner
Elka Stage 2+R shocks
Garage Products Full Bushing Set
Full set of Ricochet skid plates
ROX 2" Elite Anti-Vibration Risers
Renegade split brake system and PowerMadd hand guards
DP515 & DP516 pads

2012 Black Outlander 1000 XT (sold)
post #26 of 835 Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFORCEJOHN View Post
the QSC I had setup ran a STM non e/b secondary helix that also required the shims between the sheaves, so it kicked out as well, about 4-5 mph even though it ran the center bearing on the primary it didn't make much difference. but if you have a lot of slack in the belt from too much shims, then it'll have little to none below 10 mph.
An improperly set up secondary (like the non engine braking style you described) will obviously not have engine braking. Once the helix back shifts it'll actually start rolling up the back side of the helix. We have a special cut helix to run with the QSC primary now that has the engine braking locked down. You can't say the QSC doesn't have engine braking down low if you're pairing it with a "non ebs" secondary. When the lack of engine braking is clearly from the "non ebs" helix you have.

Aside from that I am looking forward to this new product! Can't wait to get my hands on one for some testing.
post #27 of 835 Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFORCEJOHN View Post
the QSC I had setup ran a STM non e/b secondary helix that also required the shims between the sheaves, so it kicked out as well, about 4-5 mph even though it ran the center bearing on the primary it didn't make much difference. but if you have a lot of slack in the belt from too much shims, then it'll have little to none below 10 mph.
An improperly set up secondary (like the non engine braking style you described) will obviously not have engine braking. Once the helix back shifts it'll actually start rolling up the back side of the helix. We have a special cut helix to run with the QSC primary now that has the engine braking locked down. You can't say the QSC doesn't have engine braking down low if you're pairing it with a "non ebs" secondary. When the lack of engine braking is clearly from the "non ebs" helix you have.

Aside from that I am looking forward to this new product! Can't wait to get my hands on one for some testing.
Yes, if you are pairing a QSC to a stock secondary, the engine braking will be damn similar to stock if not a little more.

This was on a mudbike with 32 inch silverback tires, so engine braking was not needed or even wanted to slow the tires when off throttle, all they wanted was to lift the front tires up.

When I modify the Kawasaki Clutches, I fully disable all the engine braking and you get 2-3x the mileage out of the clutches and it prevents low end grooving on the sheaves. Plus you get a little better fuel mileage out of it as well. It does the same as a STM and kicks out when the spring releases. but this can be overcome by flyweight curves and low spring stall rates.

From my experience, telling people that their engine braking will be removed, sometimes strikes fear into the customer. Then they ride it, and see how manageable it is. It still decelerates the same, until the point it disengages (usually below 5-8 mph). It's not like it kicks you out into Neutral at 50 mph and you are on a roller coaster ride until you finally stop. nothing like that.
Most are concerned how well it's going to turn tires, hold up,belt reliability and overall cost But as far as engine braking... it'll have that, or you can remove it if you want to.

John

www.vforcejohn.com (570)-773-1240 Slipon and Full system Pipes, FI tuners, Clutching, Custom Dynojet Dyno tuning for all setups. email [email protected]
The Following User Says Thank You to VFORCEJOHN For This Useful Post:
MUDDINMIKE (07-25-2013)
post #28 of 835 Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM

Hey vfj,
I've been looking into clutching my rhino,and you come highly recomended.Your new set up sounds great!
My rhino has a 800 renegade in it,and I have the dalton kit,but have not adjusted it at all.It seems to work ok,except for belt life.I have not run anything else,and would like to hear what your kit might do for me.I plan to race it in a couple of weeks and I'am looking for all the traction I can get!How does your set up work compared to the costly full rage or stm'?Are the worth the hassle,or are they an over priced hassle?
post #29 of 835 Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Clutches had a weigh in today.

Stock a whopping 14.3 pounds!!!

New replacement clutch 8.2 pounds!!!

that 6.1 POUNDS LIGHTER!!!!!

I really wasn't expecting to see that much of a difference!!

John

post #30 of 835 Old 07-26-2013, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoadick View Post
Hey vfj,
I've been looking into clutching my rhino,and you come highly recomended.Your new set up sounds great!
My rhino has a 800 renegade in it,and I have the dalton kit,but have not adjusted it at all.It seems to work ok,except for belt life.I have not run anything else,and would like to hear what your kit might do for me.I plan to race it in a couple of weeks and I'am looking for all the traction I can get!How does your set up work compared to the costly full rage or stm'?Are the worth the hassle,or are they an over priced hassle?

what you really need is a better secondary to backshift while under throttle with a shorter helix than stock. then your belt life will go up from less friction and get better belt grip and more low end.

STM clutches are top quality stuff and very hard to beat, These new units should have that same performance at 1/2 the cost. My unit would be compared to the STM rage 3 setup. the rage 6 and 8 are complex but worth it if you have the power.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am ATV Forum > Supporting Sponsor Forums > Interstate Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode