Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking at an 04 Outlander 400. It has plastic racks on the top cargo areas of the front and rear. Does anyone know if these can be replaced with metal racks and how much that might cost. Thanks in advance for your input.

1581558544182.png

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If you put the conventional style of metal round tube racks on you will block off the fuse / storage area in the front and rear storage well.
Nice looking bike !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you put the conventional style of metal round tube racks on you will block off the fuse / storage area in the front and rear storage well.
Nice looking bike !
Thank you for the response and information.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I dont mean to contradict bonzo and all due respect but I dont think you would lose access to the front or back openings with the old style metal tube racks...

The only reason I cant get into the back storage is because I have bags on the back.

Search ebay for can am outlander front rack and theres a bunch for less than $100...

You might get away with using that same lid but may need to find a lid too?

Looks like the same mounting points, only 2 on each side and plugs in the other two.

Let me know and I can measure the mounts but I would bet therye the same...

Front mount to the inside right there...plug on the outside.
Looking from the front..

Rear mounts to the outside hole, inside rear plug up on that raised part...looking from the rear

From the side

Sorry its so hard to see, I have a lot of stuff attached to it.

We would have to see the mounts on those plastic racks...
But Id bet...it could be done.
I wouldnt want those plastic racks either.

Probably the best way would be to compare mount/bolt measurements from underneath.

While youre at it check out the rack extensions....I want!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Rear mounts 2 on each side
Looking to the rear of the quad...

I could be wrong
Maybe the 04 has different mounting points.
But as far as accessing the front fuse/coolant and rear storage areas, the metal racks do that.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I dont mean to contradict bonzo and all due respect but I dont think you would lose access to the front or back openings with the old style metal tube racks...

The only reason I cant get into the back storage is because I have bags on the back.

Search ebay for can am outlander front rack and theres a bunch for less than $100...
View attachment 96970

You might get away with using that same lid but may need to find a lid too?

Looks like the same mounting points, only 2 on each side and plugs in the other two.

Let me know and I can measure the mounts but I would bet therye the same...

View attachment 96981

Front mount to the inside right there...plug on the outside.
Looking from the front..
View attachment 96978

Rear mounts to the outside hole, inside rear plug up on that raised part...looking from the rear
View attachment 96979
View attachment 96980

From the side
View attachment 96975

Sorry its so hard to see, I have a lot of stuff attached to it.

We would have to see the mounts on those plastic racks...
But Id bet...it could be done.
I wouldnt want those plastic racks either.

Probably the best way would be to compare mount/bolt measurements from underneath.

While youre at it check out the rack extensions....I want!
View attachment 96976
I figured he was talking about a generic / cookie cutter rack rather than a BRP product .
You are correct Captain !

·
Registered
608 Posts
I always think brp parts and ebay/amazon first for these older models since Ive had such good luck finding oem parts there like the handlebar grab bar etc.

I just automatically thought he meant oem brp racks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts