Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I’m sure this has been posted before but did my due diligence and still can pinpoint the problem. Bought a used 07 Renegade 800 and have ohm’d everything out, battery is good, key in right way, fuel pump comes on and starts when cold. Can ride but once I turn it off the dang thing won’t fire back up. It just sits there with the fuel pump running and refuses to turn all the way over. Anybody have any words of wisdom? I have a video of someone wants to hear/see. I would really appreciate the help. I’m an X Polaris and Honda guy with plenty of knowledge under my belt but this has me thrown for a loop. Help! New battery replace solenoid, checked the valve slash, replaced ground wires. Marriage in jeopardy if I don’t fix. Lol

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,570 Posts
Welcome to the site

While I'm not advocating just throwing money at it, with a good hot battery and new solenoid, only thing left is a new starter. If that one's 15 years old, I could sure justify it dragging when hot.

Hopefully you're not encountering that whole "early v-twin bottom end bearings" issue we've seen from time to time. Ever sent an oil sample off for analysis?

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,570 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts