Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I was quadding last night and I got stuck in a big drift, I was in the process of winching myself out when the check engine light came on and then, limp home mode for low battery, then when I was almost out the quad died and wouldn't start. The original owner installed a battery in the storage compartment to help the stock battery but I guess its either dead or doesnt help. It also blew the ignition relay fuse so I had no spark when I looked at it this morning. Is there anything to stop this? or help the battery charge faster so that I can use the winch? Whats the point of having the winch if it kills your quad? Thanks guys.:th_smiliewavey:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Regarding the battery dying when winching, as you winch, give the engine some throttle so you don't kill your battery.. The engine will charge the battery somewhat while your giving it throttle... Otherwise if you don't, the winch is just pulling the weight of the quad without any help which results in the battery dying very quickly.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hey Guys,

So I was quadding last night and I got stuck in a big drift, I was in the process of winching myself out when the check engine light came on and then, limp home mode for low battery, then when I was almost out the quad died and wouldn't start. The original owner installed a battery in the storage compartment to help the stock battery but I guess its either dead or doesnt help. It also blew the ignition relay fuse so I had no spark when I looked at it this morning. Is there anything to stop this? or help the battery charge faster so that I can use the winch? Whats the point of having the winch if it kills your quad? Thanks guys.:th_smiliewavey:
This is one real place where the low range comes into play. Even though you are running at slow speeds the RPM's will be higher when moving and help keep the bat charge up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts