I have been having a electrical nightmare with my 2009 Outlander max 650 Xt. I had used my winch fairly heavily when pull my sled up a hill a few weeks ago. Anyways the bike went into limp home mode and was showing "Low Batt" on the gauge. So ever since then the screen has been showing "Low Batt". So I bought a new battery thinking it was the problem because it was the original battery. Anyways still the same problem with the low batt on the screen. I have also replaced the voltage regulator thinking it may have been the problem but it wasn't. I have tested the stator and it is putting out the correct AC voltage and there is no resistance when checking for shorts in the stator. My battery is currently charging at 12.1 volts and it is still showing "Low Batt" on the screen. I am sure that the Stator is good but the battery is not charging at the proper voltage at 4000rpm. I have been told that the problem could possibly be a short in the wiring somewhere. Where is a good place to start? Thanks for any input!