Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just purchased a 2015 can-am outlander 800. My dealer told me to come in at 25 hours, even though can-am recommends a 10 hour service which they failed to mention. When I asked about the 10 hour service, they stuck to the 25 hours for the first service which I have in writing. My question is, should I skip the 10 hour service like they recommend and wait for the 25 hours? If I do, will this void my warranty?

Thanks for your answers!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Check out this thread on the same subject.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If you are handy and have a garage and tools, do the oil change at 10 hours. The valves don't usually need any adjustment by the 10 hour mark.

Removing the plastics and reinstalling is worth learning to do. Trailside repairs happen and it is good to know where everything is what it looks like.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Do the 10 hr like the manual says. I did mine at 6:19 hrs but thats cuz i was heading out of town for mudfest and couldnt put 10hrs on b4 the engine oil was grey and the filter was adark grey. Im glad i got that crap outa there. No way id wait till 25 hrs jmo

·
Registered
414 Posts
They prob want to wait that way they can do the valves at the same time. They dont like touching the valves at anything under 30 hours.. Personally do the change at home at 10 hours. Will save you about 150.00 and will get you more familiar with your machine. Mine cost me 70.00 to do with a can am filter and all synthetic fluids. As far as valves they are usually fine to about 50 hours. I got 63 on mine and plan to do it some point this spring

Reactions: BuckATV
1 - 5 of 5 Posts