Can-Am ATV Forum banner

10hr service price??

1317 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  luko
How much does your dealer charge? Mine said 429. I thought that was ridiculous.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Do a search for 10 hr service. You will find a lot of talk about different prices.
My dealer said "about 4 hundred". I know it includes checking valve clearance, Not sure if it includes any needed adjustments
It's just another cash grab by the dealer. There are several threads on first service. Lots of dealers don't even check the valves at 10 hours. After hearing a friends macho e that had a couple of thousand miles, you can hear the valves if they are out of spec.

Because of previous rip offs by dealers, I am hesitant to go to them and opted to fix and replace stuff on my own. Between here and Youtube, you can learn to do the vast majority of servicing yourself.
My dealer told me that valve check/adjustment at 10 hours is BS.
Many dealers will charge what the market will bear...sure, a lot do $400.. And MOST Don t check the valves on the 10 hr.
I was advised here, and did wrangle a low 10 hr as part of my purchase: pay for the fluids. $$$ XPSS stuff @ $ 52 and the labor was thrown in. I've dumped that dealer as their "service" was poor or Non existent. Good luck
I just told them to change the fluids and inspect and lube the grease fittings. said it would be about 100 bucks. i was good with that.
My dealer said bring it in at 25 hours for first service. Although I'll have them change the fluids at 10 hours as the book says. I just wanna make sure to get that break-in oil out in the recommended time.
10 hour

I just told them to change the fluids and inspect and lube the grease fittings. said it would be about 100 bucks. i was good with that.

Just make sure the DLR does the "TEN HOUR" certification SIGN STAMP page in your OWNERS MANUAL. Then yer covered for the balance of the warranty.
Mine cost me $200, my dealer is a good reputable dealer so I didn't even hesitate to have them do it.. and not to mention I spent almost 11k on a machine so I'm not going to cheap out on the first 10 hour service
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.