Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
My dealer said "about 4 hundred". I know it includes checking valve clearance, Not sure if it includes any needed adjustments

·
Registered
932 Posts
It's just another cash grab by the dealer. There are several threads on first service. Lots of dealers don't even check the valves at 10 hours. After hearing a friends macho e that had a couple of thousand miles, you can hear the valves if they are out of spec.

Because of previous rip offs by dealers, I am hesitant to go to them and opted to fix and replace stuff on my own. Between here and Youtube, you can learn to do the vast majority of servicing yourself.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Many dealers will charge what the market will bear...sure, a lot do $400.. And MOST Don t check the valves on the 10 hr.
I was advised here, and did wrangle a low 10 hr as part of my purchase: pay for the fluids. $$$ XPSS stuff @ $ 52 and the labor was thrown in. I've dumped that dealer as their "service" was poor or Non existent. Good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just told them to change the fluids and inspect and lube the grease fittings. said it would be about 100 bucks. i was good with that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealer said bring it in at 25 hours for first service. Although I'll have them change the fluids at 10 hours as the book says. I just wanna make sure to get that break-in oil out in the recommended time.

·
Registered
825 Posts
10 hour

I just told them to change the fluids and inspect and lube the grease fittings. said it would be about 100 bucks. i was good with that.

Just make sure the DLR does the "TEN HOUR" certification SIGN STAMP page in your OWNERS MANUAL. Then yer covered for the balance of the warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine cost me $200, my dealer is a good reputable dealer so I didn't even hesitate to have them do it.. and not to mention I spent almost 11k on a machine so I'm not going to cheap out on the first 10 hour service

1 - 10 of 10 Posts