Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my bike this thing only has like 160 miles on it. I took it through a buddies pond a few days ago. Everything was fine, I washed it up real good and trailered it home. Well today, I took it down to some land and tried to get it off the trailer. I turned the key the gauge cluster did its deal "check" and then it would just shut off. I have power, my winch works lights work, but it won't even try to turn over and the cluster goes out completely. No welcome message. If you let it set for 2 min it cycles the pump and the cluster comes on for a brief 1/2 sec and shuts back off. If you turn the key off and let it sit for a minute or two then turn the key back on while holding down the starter button it will crank and run for just a sec and then die along with the cluster. I have only ridden this thing twice. I did get deep in the pond and had to sit there for a few minutes. Today I pulled most of the plastics off and found that the three main fuses under the seat where completely submerged in water from last weekend. I also found that the air box was quarter the way full of water. I did not completely submerge this thing but just about ( got the water up to the stock snorkel not in it trust me I watched it like a hawk). After the pond I drove it up to the house and washed it then put it in the trailer and took it home. Today when I pulled the plastics off none of the fuses where blown I dried everything out that I could and check the fuse box under the gauges even switched out the relays. NOTHING!!! Please help!!! I am brand new to the CanAm movement and know nothing of these machines! Only Honda!!!

P.s. If I take out the relay that cycles the pump and gauges I can hit the starter button and it cranks over great just no fire due to the relay missing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dried it out a couple days. Issues went away. Bike starts and runs great! Next step prevention.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Check your connectors, sounds like you got water in one or more. Dielectric grease around the seal will help that situation just make sure there is no moisture present in the connector when you add it. also, check your grounds, make sure they are tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts