Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 outlander 800r xmr
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I upset anyone I did search 1st.
Riding randomly my cluster will say brake at the bottom and the (!) amber light will light on the side of the cluster as well as the engine will start cutting out and I have to squeeze the hand brake a few times to get it to quit. I read on here that it could be air in the system or my brake pressure sensor. Im going to bleed my brakes and make sure theres no air in the system but im leaning towards the brake pressure sensor im having trouble locating the sensor anyone have a pic of where it is? also I read the pinned post in the service section about replacing the sensor with the one with spade connectors and changing the end of the wire will that work on this bike? its an older post so I wasnt sure. as always any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,547 Posts
It's on top of the rear MC:

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 11.29.38 AM.png

I wanna say I encountered that same scenario on my bike, while rehabilitating it and fixing the brakes. You can simply unplug it to confirm it's the component giving you problems. You won't have a functional "brake" light with it unplugged, but running lights will still illuminate.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,547 Posts
If that's what's responsible for those symptoms, then yes. I only remember my display blinking and yelling at me, I don't remember the engine power being cut, but I didn't run it long like that either.

·
Registered
2015 outlander 800r xmr
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unhooked the sensor didn’t get a light or anything on the cluster but it seems as if it is definitely causing the issue bike did great other then having to be in neutral to start thanks again for the help I’ll be installing a new pressure switch once I pick one up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts