Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing this lift kit and was wondering will I need to upgrade my axles as well? I have 29.5 outlaws on now and was thinking about wheel spacers as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
50/50 really. some people have no problems. my bud put on the 2" lift with 29.5" swamplites and snapped cv joint within 10 min of first ride. He then put in rhinos and hasn't had an issue, plus now hes running terminators.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Are we talking a bracket kit or spring spacers? I have a set of Gorilla spring spacers on the way so I'll see how that goes.
i'm 99% sure OP is talking about the highlifter 2" bracket lift.
you might find 2" spring spacers might be a little on the stiff side with stock shocks and springs but who knows.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It depends on the axels. If you have the cheap ebay axels yes you will have issues. But if you are running your oem or another good axel you should be fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still running stock axles. Right now I'm getting a bit of rub on my back springs from the lugs on the outlaws that's why I was thinking about wheel spacers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
2" highlifter lift kit

Wheel spacers won't change the length of the required axle. And a 2" lift, you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Does this bracket lift give u a full 2"?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure if it gives you a full 2" but I'm a little afraid the ride might feel to tippy with the lift

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not sure if it gives you a full 2" but I'm a little afraid the ride might feel to tippy with the lift

Any time you add lift you are changing your center of gravity, just adjust your ridng style to account for the additional lift and dont make unnecessary hard turns. I would also suspect that adding lift and making sharp turns would do a number on your tie rod ends. With every aciton comes an equal but opposite recaction, just account for it and you should be fine.

be safe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts