Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to remove my fuel tank on my 04 400 outlander. The fuel gauge float is floating inside and the rods are inside as well. I was just wondering if anybody has any input on leasons learned on doing this.
I figure it is a good time to flush it out, clean the carb and add a fuel filter while I am in their. Thanks in advance.
Also new to the site so far some good information, that is why the filter is going in.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I’m getting ready to remove my fuel tank at daylight I will make sure everyone get the information they need for the future
I had to remove my tank a few years back on my '04 when I changed the fuel filters and fuel lines. Don't remember exactly how, but it involves removing the rear plastic body and disconnecting the two fuel lines at the tank. Then unbolting the tank, slipping it out of place, and cleaning it. Installation is the reverse. It's a fairly easy operation. While you're at it, I would recommend changing the fuel lines as well, as the originals tended to corrode on the inside, sending fine particles of rubber to the carb, which collected above the fine wire mesh "filter" inside the carb. That can cause fuel starvation to the carb causing the motor to die.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts