Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
2004 can am outlander 330 4x4
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering which Atv is better. I have a 2004 can am outlander 330 that it is posted for sale and someone wants to trade me a 2005 Suzuki king quad 700. I know the Suzuki is going to be more powerful but should I keep mine or trade it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am wondering which Atv is better. I have a 2004 can am outlander 330 that it is posted for sale and someone wants to trade me a 2005 Suzuki king quad 700. I know the Suzuki is going to be more powerful but should I keep mine or trade it?
With both being equal condition I'd choose the Suzuki. But why do they want to trade would be my question.

·
Registered
2014 Outlander max xt 650
223 Posts
I personally would be skeptical of the trade. They know their machine, why would they trade down. Also if you're selling yours for a bigger machine than sell it and look for a bigger machine. Suzuki is a good machine but so is the Can Am. Depends on how they were treated and maintained. Take a knowledgeable friend check em out make a decision. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,256 Posts
Are you saying I shouldn’t trade? I have mine listed for $3,500 but haven’t had many people interested. from what I have seen the Suzukis are selling for around $3,200.
Not yet. Be patient, it only takes one who wants your machine, you could also lower the price a bit. And keep looking for want you want until you find it.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,571 Posts
from the pictures the Suzuki doesn’t look like it’s in that good of a condition
That says all I need to read, right there. If it doesn't even look cared for on the surface, do you want to think about the lack of maintenance hiding under the plastics?

24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That says all I need to read, right there. If it doesn't even look cared for on the surface, do you want to think about the lack of maintenance hiding under the plastics?
Good point. Thanks for your opinion. I don’t think I am going to trade it anymore unless he throws in some cash.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,256 Posts
If it doesn't even look cared for on the surface, do you want to think about the lack of maintenance hiding under the plastics?
It depends. BB has more experience than I have buying used but many will shine up a dud with mechanical problems to fool prospective buyers.
I know for a fact that my machine looks scratched, dusty and muddy but mechanically it is sound. Everything works well on it but it looks ragged.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,571 Posts
I mean there are outliers on both ends of the spectrum, and different thoughts on what's "ragged-looking"

Think the point I was trying to make is if/when someone's trying to offload an ATV, but they can't even be bothered to clean it or y'know re-align maybe some plastics that are knocked out, or say air up the tires correctly, those warning signs point to potentially worse neglect on the mechanical side of things.

24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I mean there are outliers on both ends of the spectrum, and different thoughts on what's "ragged-looking"

Think the point I was trying to make is if/when someone's trying to offload an ATV, but they can't even be bothered to clean it or y'know re-align maybe some plastics that are knocked out, or say air up the tires correctly, those warning signs point to potentially worse neglect on the mechanical side of things.
I don’t think he has it listed for sale so maybe he will make it look nicer but I am probably not going to trade unless he throws in some cash

·
Registered
2019 570 outlander. 2018 570 outlander.
294 Posts
I get offers for "trades" all the time selling ATVs and stuff around these parts, I almost always skip it. People love to trade off their junk or you'll get the, "it needs a carb tune up" and it won't start and then when it does the exhaust is blowing oil or they won't run it for more that 3 minutes or the motor is already warm upon arrival, it's just a mess unless you know the person/machine. I'd rather haggle over a known POS that I can assess and then decide how much trouble I want vs taking someone else's junk that I have no history with and spending 5 weekends fixing, whatever...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you saying I shouldn’t trade? I have mine listed for $3,500 but haven’t had many people interested. from what I have seen the Suzukis are selling for around $3,200.
I was just looking at a 2004 Outlander 400 the other day on Marketplace, and the guy wanted $2200. It looked to be in good shape, and he said "everything in good working condition".

·
Registered
88 Posts
My older brother had one of those older 330s (bought new) and it was the main reason I went with Can Am's all of my life. That thing had more speed and power than the Polaris 500s it rode with - that coupled with the extremely light weight made it a blast to ride :D

I almost wish that he had kept it and donated it to camp - would have been a great starter for my grandkids!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts