Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2005 Eiger and the things runs really well. The only problem he is having with it is that when he gets in the water or deep mud, the thing loads up the carb and dies. We thought it was a problem with the wiring being wet, but we unpluged everything and tested connections and that wasn't it. The water doesn't even get close to the airbox either. When it loads up and dies, we have to let it sit for about 10 minutes, then it will crank right up. We pulled the spark plug and it was soaked with gas. Any help would be great cause we are getting ready for a pretty big ride comming up next week and it's not gonna be so good if I have to pull him thru all of the water crossings. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
not familiar with suzzies, but it sounds like water is getting at something electrical and spark ain't making it to the plug. What is low enough to get wet? Coil-wires,wiring from magneto assy hurt ,., all them goodies. ??? Take the garden hose to it while running maybe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see thats the thing. we had it running while hitting it with a pressure washer with no problems. The only wires that are exposed to water are the 2 plugs on the front of the case, one is the fan control sensor and one is a oil temp sensor. The only other thing is the sensor on the rear brake lever that controls the brake light. We have unhooked all of these further up in the wiring harness with the same problem occurring so we were able to cancel those out as being a problem. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved, he sold it and bought a Brute Force.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I am beginning to see your point. He got stuck in the same mud hole that that I got mud in my cvt cover, but at least I made it out without help. It took us almost 45 minutes to get his heavy quad out with a winch. Then later in the day while trying to show us how well it rock crawled, he tore both lower cv boots, and just to think he spent 10 grand on that thing.:puke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts