Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. Just a followup to my post a few days ago. I sent an email to discount tire for a best buy quote on some 26.5 growlers as suggested by the person representing discount tire on this forum and got a reply suggesting they would probably hit my headlights. Person responding to email from their web site is not the same person posting on this site. Fronts would be 26.5 x 9" growlers on 14" - 4-3 offset wheels. Anyone using exact sizing & can anyone confirm for sure they would clear? Is the discount rep that is monitoring these threads available? If so send me a PM and we can chat. Thanks again guys.. acces to this info is terrific.

·
Vendor
871 Posts
Hello Bike1,

We do get daily updates for this section but we aren't always able to answer all the questions here. Feel free to call us for the fastest reply.

For your 400, I would recommend the 25.5 Growers. We did a test fit some 26.5's on an 800 and they rubbed when first installed. If you have modified fenders you may be able to get the 26.5's to clear but the 25.5's would bolt up the easiest.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello Bike1,

We do get daily updates for this section but we aren't always able to answer all the questions here. Feel free to call us for the fastest reply.

For your 400, I would recommend the 25.5 Growers. We did a test fit some 26.5's on an 800 and they rubbed when first installed. If you have modified fenders you may be able to get the 26.5's to clear but the 25.5's would bolt up the easiest.
How in the world did they rub on the 800??? Cause my 28" Zillas cleared just fine with no lift.....

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
I'm not sure where the rub is BUT the tires may rub the tie rod ends without spacers or after market wheels. Have never heard of a headlight issue unless running bigger than 29.5 Laws with no front lift.

·
Vendor
871 Posts
Hello Bike1,

How in the world did they rub on the 800??? Cause my 28" Zillas cleared just fine with no lift.....
They would have cleared with the stock wheels but the aftermarket wheels pushed them out into the fenders.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hello Bike1,

It also depends on the year. From what I have read, a 9" tire won't fit on the 2010's on stock rims. My 26.5 Rockers on stock rims rub the tie rods easily,,, bought 1" spacers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm.. Thanks again guys. Certainly lots of differing opinions. Was wanting to use the Douglas Rattlesnakes but discount only showing 14" and the 25.5 growlers only available in a 12". Looks like either a tire, wheel or supplier change to be safe. Back to square one.. head starting to hurt. Maybe I need to just park the bike and work on the car :)

·
Vendor
871 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts