Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone has had this problem and gone the route to fix it. My bike last winter died out in the desert. Now spark apparently. I put a new battery in it and used it all this last spring summer and fall with no issue. I put the tracks back on it this winter and added hand and thumb warmers. Switches on everything and done per directions. Used it a few times with no problem. Then one day it just died. Finally found a blown fuse although we took the battery out and charged it before we found the fuse. This last weekend a friend used it and three miles in on his trapline it died. It was indicating 24 MPH at the time. He checked the fuses and nothing there. They towed it back with a snowmobile and I got it in the shop. Charged the battery and it was all good again. I have a feeling that all my problems are low voltage issues. I put a voltage tester on the battery terminals with the machine off. 12.5V. I started the machine. 12.5V. I revved it up to 4500 RPM. 12.5V. I turned on the warmers at idle. 12.5V. To me that means no charge is taking place. I used it all spring summer and fall with no lights or warmers or winch so no electrical load other than starting and ignition. What charges the battery and how do I check that.
Dave

·
Registered
425 Posts
hey there
yeah it seems very similar to the issue I was having with the stator.
Try going through this thread and it should explain some things. Let me know if something is unclear. If you have a multimeter it's very easy to pin point the issue.

read here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts