Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe my rear rotor is bent and causing a horrible clunking noise, does anyone know if there is a easier way to take it out without having to pop the diff and drive axel out as one.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,568 Posts
Jack the rear of the bike up and put it in gear, watch it go round n round. If it's bent bad enough to cause a clunking, you'd get all kinds of weird brake activity, and be able to see it through beer goggles.

I damn sure wouldn't go through all the fuss you're talking about, lol, over "believe". Confirm before proceeding ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jack the rear of the bike up and put it in gear, watch it go round n round. If it's bent bad enough to cause a clunking, you'd get all kinds of weird brake activity, and be able to see it through beer goggles.

I damn sure wouldn't go through all the fuss you're talking about, lol, over "believe". Confirm before proceeding ;)
So it isn’t the rotor making the grinding noise because I took off the whole rear caliber and it’s still doing it. I would send in the video I just took but I can’t figure out how to.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,568 Posts
Post it up on tubetube and paste the link here

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,568 Posts
Well now that is an interesting one.....

Start with checking all your rolling parts: wheel bearings, those pissant dust shields, etc

That sound, to me, doesn't sound "lubricated", as in, not internal to the diff or gearbox. Sounds very metal-on-metal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well now that is an interesting one.....

Start with checking all your rolling parts: wheel bearings, those pissant dust shields, etc

That sound, to me, doesn't sound "lubricated", as in, not internal to the diff or gearbox. Sounds very metal-on-metal
I just drained the diff oil and put in new stuff the other day to see if it would help. There is no leaks so the diff should be getting lubricated and just replaced the u joints and greased them before install. I’m not sure if it could be the bearings in the diff or the gears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts