Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure. but when i was looking recently I'd seen used ATV's all brands anywhere from 1000 - 7-8000 miles. Supposedly still in good condition. Personally i was looking for something with lower miles, i figured I was going to get into the range of 1000-2000 miles, until this one sort of fell into my lap.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Couldn't agree more. if you know what you want and the price is in the ball park, AND it's a good machine. go for it.

Funny, the guy I bought mine from was very similar. We texted back and forth, he told me he had some interest, but nobody had come to check it yet. I flew out on a lunch break, stopped at the bank for a deposit we had agreed upon for him to hold it as I wasn't able to trailer it that day if I did want it. Gave it a test drive. I was sold. The guy actually delivered it to me a couple days later and told me that he had others calling afterwards. He mentioned that as he told the following callers it was sold, several offered more money to sell it to them instead. Real stand up guy. With only a $500.00 deposit, he told them all, Sorry, I have already sold it, a deal is a deal..
Bravo!
Nicely done.

Good deals go fast around here. Im sure its the same everywhere.
My guy couldnt find the windshield in his garage so he threw in a tri fold aluminum ramp.

I told him I was going to yank the windshield and never use it.
He said he was buying a sxs as per his wife. He didnt need it. Here, take it.
Great guy.
Thanks for reminding me I need to hit him up again and see how hes loving his can am sxs. Havent chatted with him for a bit...I got a pic from him after he sold his other quad and got his sxs , man what a BEAST!

What do you guys consider high mileage on a 2009 outlander 500xt that appears to be well maintained? I hear peeps getting 10,000 plus miles but have no idea if that is normal or exceptional
thanks
Yeah, me neither, I dont know on that since Ive only had mine a year and have 2665 miles on it now.

I'll ask my buddy how many miles he has on his 800....

I had a billion miles on my 96 kodiak 400 and the guy that bought that was super stoked. I wish I still had it actually....

Start a high miles/any issues thread if there isnt one already, thatd be interesting.
Ive seen threads like that on a truck forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
one I found has 2600 miles. He bought it used back in nov and now says his kids want a golf cart. Not sure I 100% believe that!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Owned by a lil ol lady who only rode it to church on sundays and the occasional trip to the grocery store haha heard that before.

My buddy says he has around 5000miles on his.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
What do you guys consider high mileage on a 2009 outlander 500xt that appears to be well maintained? I hear peeps getting 10,000 plus miles but have no idea if that is normal or exceptional
thanks
It all depends on the level of care given .
My '07 400 had over 4000 miles when I sold it and was in perfect mechanical condition .
I am approaching the 4000 mile mark on my 10 Renegade 502 .
The engine has been apart ( because the PO was a foolish kid ) and the the bike is in excellent condition .
I'm a real dick when it comes to takin' care of my stuff .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks like I have it narrowed down to two different machines.
1. 2007 outlander 650 HO with plow, 800 miles
2. 2012 outlander 500 XT, 1400 miles

plan to use for ice fishing, hunting and food plots.

both are within $200 of each other. i have searched the forum but don’t see anything definitive that one is better than the other. Anyone have any thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!
Dave

·
Registered
608 Posts
Offhand my first thought is the newer the better,,,
But you see what I picked...

Not really super up on the past efi models as all I researched on efi was new.

I was pretty stuck on new or older carbureted...

Get whichever one YOU like the best.
Best of luck have fun

You checking them out this weekend?
Quad shopping woo hoo good times man!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Buddy put me on a lead for a 2018 outlander 450. Going to look at it tomorrow. ~500 miles on her. Keeping the fingers crossed on it

·
Registered
608 Posts
Nice!
Low mile '18 450

Personally, I prefer the smaller bikes.

We do a lot of multimile adventures and tight trails.

Hope it works out for you 👍

21 - 36 of 36 Posts